Complaint Review: Hughsnet

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, November 19, 2013

• Reported By: Wa`ya — Huntington Indiana

Hughsnet Internet service and misinformation on signing up huntington Indiana

*Consumer Comment: While I'll agree Hughesnet is lousy service...

I was told on inquiry to Hughsnet if I bought the equipment I would have NO contract and that they would buy it back IF/WHEN I decided to discontinue. My daughter has had a nightmare with the service and since more computers will be in use soon I called to cancel service today. They said I have a 24 month contract and they will NOT buy back the equipment. I have 19 months left out those 24 months so they are charging me over $300.  So I was not lied to once but twice. DON'T trust them get it in writing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughsnet/huntington-Indiana-46750/Hughsnet-Internet-service-and-misinformation-on-signing-up-huntington-Indiana-1100767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughsnet

While I'll agree Hughesnet is lousy service...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

What happened to the contract you signed when you got the service.  You DID get it in writing didn't you?

It doesn't much matter what you were told. The WRITTEN contract takes precedence over anything verbal.