Complaint Review: Hugo's Online

• Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Mr. No BS — Brooklyn New York USA
Hugo's Online
Seattle, Washington United States of America

Hugo's Online Merchant does not honor refunds for missing shipped merchandise Seattle, Washington

During Hurricane Sandy last year, I ordered a total of (4) 5 gallon gasoline canisters from Hugo's Online via their Amazon.com marketplace online.  Within a week or so, I got a delivery from UPS but only 1 of 4 boxes arrived, so I contacted the merchant via Amazon to report a partial order delivery and requested a refund for the non delivered items.  Hugo's initiated an investigation with UPS to place a tracker on the lost items but UPS never did locate the items.  Either Hugo's only shipped out 1 item and billed me for all 4 or the other 3 were stolen during shipping.

Anyhow, I paid with my Discover Card and initiated a dispute for a partial refund based on the fact that I received only 1 of 4 items ordered, so Discover issued me a temporary credit for the missing items.  I later come to find out that the merchant claimed to Discover that UPS delivered all 4 items and this Discover reinstated the charges.  I again opened up a dispute of the same charges and stated that the merchant CANNOT make the claim that UPS found and delivered the remaining 3 boxes because they were supposed to have been shipped as a bulk order under a single tracking number and I would not be wasting my time disputing the charges for a partial shipment if I did indeed receive my full order.

Basically, merchant lied through their teeth to my credit card company using illegitimate documentation to rip me off.  I will keep re-disputing this charge until the merchant stops claiming I received the missing items and accepts the loss and negligence on their part. Do not do business with Hugo's Online because they will not honor your refund request for non delivered goods.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 11:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hugos-Online/Seattle-Washington-98108/Hugos-Online-Merchant-does-not-honor-refunds-for-missing-shipped-merchandise-Seattle-Wa-991030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hugo's Online