Complaint Review: Hulu

*Consumer Comment: Hulu

*Consumer Comment: I like Hulu

*Author of original report: Thank You for being useless ,to the first rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Hulu is pretty fair

Hulu Plus is a COMPLETE RIP-OFF.

You can go to NBC, ABC, Fox, & CBS.com - even Hulu.com - and watch every show available on Hulu Plus without paying the $7.99 Hulu Plus charges.

The ONLY difference - because Hulu Plus, after charging you, Still Requires that you watch Advertisements - is that Hulu Plus has older episodes of certain TV shows available for you to legally watch.

So, unless you want to watch every episode of Family Guy - or whatever show - and are too lazy to drive to block buster or don't want to risk watching it free illegaly, subscribing to Hulu Plus is like paying them to be paid by advertisers.

If Hulu plus stopped showing Ads then it wouldn't be a rip-off - until then Shame on Hulu for this blatant rip-off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2011 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hulu/internet/Hulu-Hulu-Plus-Dont-pay-for-whats-already-free-Internet-727694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hulu

Hulu

AUTHOR: Lisamb4169 - (United States of America)

I agree with the first comment, however the shame on you comment. Hulu plus, is a rip-off. First off, they don't provide support or a way to directly contact someone when your account is in need of help. I have been charged for 3 months of service, when I cancelled my service back in December. I have attempted to contact them several times, in reference to receiving a refund on all three charges. They continued to charge my account on the 11th of this month. I put in another ticket today and have been told someone would get back to you in 15 minutes. Well, it's been more then fifteen minutes so therefor, yes Hulu Plus is a rip-off. At least with Netflix, you receive LIVE HELP from a REAL HUMAN BEING. Not some automatic scripted prompt. Will continue to wait for my so-called HELP, that I'm supposed to get in reference to the 3 charges, and charges still being sent to my CC for a cancelled out HULU PLUS account. Do NOT get this service. I hope it goes away permanently. There is no need for Hulu to be around. Netflix, services my television viewing needs better, imo.

I like Hulu

AUTHOR: Amethyst52623 - (USA)

I like Hulu Plus, because I have all my shows in 1 place, CBS for instance let you watch only a certain show after it airs, and sometimes the show is only available for a week. I like lots of shows from TNT.com and you can't watch those for free unless you subscribe to a cable service,  same with USA Network, can't watch those shows, or from sci-fi , DIY Network and the list goes on...

Compared to Netflix I like it much better because I get new shows which are on now, sure some are available after a 1 week or 4 week waiting period, it all depends on the channel provider how many shows they will release to hulu and I am fine with it.

When I first started using Hulu 1 year ago, there was here and there 1 ad , now there are 2 or 3 ads, it gets annoying.

But I am not paying for cable at all, which saves me $ 70 a months at least, I have a Roku and can watch most shows on my TV.

So yes you can watch some shows on the networks websites, but not many, trust me I have searched and tried, I have actually an extra website I go to for shows like Dexter or other shows from A&E, HBO, Showtime, etc where I can watch them for free , but my mainsource of watching comes from Hulu.

If you are happy with the free shows you can find on the Networks website then go for it, I like to watch many shows what are not available on other websites, oh and I love all the BBC shows from england... hilarious as well...  maybe you have not given it a fair chance to discover all the shows and movies you really can watch with hulu...

Thank You for being useless ,to the first rebuttal

AUTHOR: davepetty - (United States of America)

So - you're saying it's not a rip-off during the free trial.

Excellent point. Excellent point, indeed! Yes, shame on me for warning people about a company selling subscriptions to a service that is already being paid for by advertisements. As for the comparison to TV ads - you get about half as many ads as you do on live free television. And since most, if not all(all of the good ones are, the rest on both services are just filler crap), of the same shows are on Netflix for exactly the same price, commercial-free (minus the newer episodes which can all be seen on the studio's websites as I mentioned previously - for FREE with EXACTLY the same amount of commercials as the paid hulu-plus), I return to my previous point: Shame on Hulu for double-charging people by way of advertisements and subscription fees for a service that is readily available without commercials or, alternatively, without subscription fees.

How dare I try and save you money and time. Shame on Me.

Hulu is pretty fair

AUTHOR: xononeofyourbusiness - (United States of America)

Hulu plus gives you a full week's trial to test out whether you enjoy the content or not. That should be enough notice to cancel without complaint. Those websites listed tend to give you limited options in terms of episodes. And for people like myself or others who don't live in an are near a blockbuster or any other venue to retrive our favorite episodes, Hulu is quite a good substitute. Yes, there are commericials, but there are still less than watching it on TV. And I don't even have cable generally, certainly not at the time I have available. Hulu may not work for your living arrangement, but it is certainly NO REASON to put it into the category of a rip off.

SHAME ON YOU!