Complaint Review: Humble Abode

• Submitted: Wed, November 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:Potomac Maryland
Humble Abode
3321 Industrial Drive Santa Rosa, California U.S.A.

Humble Abode SCAM!!! Return policy is WORTHLESS Santa Rosa California

*Consumer Comment: Happened to me too

I cannot being to explain the MISERY they caused for my husband and I. Their return policy is a complete scam. The actual owner is the same person that is the customer service rep. We are convinced this company is just 2 guys sitting in a broke-down warehouse somewhere screwing their customers.

We are the type of people who enjoy the finer things in life... our home is our castle and we do not bargain shop when it comes to decorating/buying furniture.

That being said, I reluctantly bought our bedroom furniture from these people being nervous to make such a large purchase on line... It was the biggest mistake of my life. I work in the industry and was familiar w/ the manufacturer of the pieces, as well as what is involved with shipment/delivery of items - whether it be shipped from overseas, or domestic.

Whatever return policy they state on their website, is not honored. There are loopholes they are fully aware of, that basically screw you out of $$ even when you receive DAMAGED merchandise (as was the case in our situation). They do not communicate with you directly. They do not return phone calls.

Their preferred method of correspondence is via email, and not in a timely matter. You cannot get a person on the phone. Once I did some further research on line about them, I saw NUMEROUS complaints against them (check out the BBB website in CA). It was too late for us, but SAVE YOURSELF the heartache.

Bottom line is buy from somewhere else. ANYWHERE else other than from these people. There are so many options of places out there to purchase furniture, do yourself a favor and stay away from these people. Especially these days, when honorable companies are desperate for business.

Utterly Dissapointed
Potomac, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2008 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Humble-Abode/Santa-Rosa-California-95403/Humble-Abode-SCAM-Return-policy-is-WORTHLESS-Santa-Rosa-California-388317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Humble Abode

Happened to me too

AUTHOR: David m - ()

The worst Company in the world