Complaint Review: Hunter Hooved Haven

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 11, 2013

• Reported By: We save horses — Where ever Pennsylvania United States of America
Hunter Hooved Haven
3870 chalklevel rd Louisa VA http://m.facebook.com/HuntersHoovedHaven?refid=59, Virginia United States of America

Hunter Hooved Haven Amanda Hunter She is a scammer, a liar, and she is fake http://m.facebook.com/HuntersHoovedHaven?refid=59, Virginia

*Author of original report: We're not the only ones you've scammed and lied to

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: There is not a shred of truth to these accusations above.

Amanda has bought and sold horses for many dealers, she not only gets around she is "with" all the dealers. She preys on people who feel bad for horses and she begs for money. She has a Facebook page named Hunters Hooved Haven, which is where she posts the "rescue" horses at that she "saved" from auction. I'm reality she buys horses from auctions and sells them at auctions if she can't find homes for them. She will also through out the "they will go to slaughter if no one buys them." She has bought horses in good condition at an auction and not even two months in her care, they are a none wreck and as sick as a dog. She is rude to clients after they buy her horses. She also claims she is "just a horse hauler" that is one of her famous lines. What a liar. She will tell you that her horses are "quiet, broke to death, and kid safe." She won't "save" grade horses because "they won't sell." Please be aware when it comes to dealing with her. She will lie about anything just to sell a horse. When she tells you "she wormed them" ask for proof!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hunter-Hooved-Haven/httpmfacebookcomHuntersHoovedHavenrefid59-Virginia-23093/Hunter-Hooved-Haven-Amanda-Hunter-She-is-a-scammer-a-liar-and-she-is-fake-httpmfac-984856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hunter Hooved Haven

We're not the only ones you've scammed and lied to

AUTHOR: We save horses - (United States of America)

Izzy's Love Equine Rescue Mar 2 Amanda hunter who has helped ac4h and works for Jesse Austin is now saying she runs a rescue. How do you work for a horse dealer and rescue??? Seen by 48 Jen Coleman she's been running a rescue for a while now. I guess Jesse let's her use the facilities, or something to that effect. Mar 2 Izzy's Love Equine Rescue We were at the auction last night spent time talking with owners and looking up tattoos. We posted we were going to pull a skinny tb with rain rot. She bid us up to 260.00 and I had to back out. She knew we were going to help that horse, she said she could get it cheaper because she knows the auctioneer. A bid is a bid no matter who it comes from. I watched her load a bunch of horses onto a trailer one night after the sale and was beating on them for not loading. There was no room for them and the to top it off she stuck a mini in the very back behind big horses. Mar 2 Izzy's Love Equine Rescue And she has taken horses to that auction. Mar 2 Lenore Howland I was hoping she changed her spots but I guess a leopard is a leopard. I wish I had saw that post last night, if you had room for that grey mare I would have helped you get her. :(. Mar 2 Jodie Ann Doherty Friend of mine bought a horse from her and Jesse a few months ago....we contacted the previous owner of the horse and they were taken aback by the fact that the horse was with a dealer to begin with. They were approached by a man at a training center in Delaware who was offering to take horses and find them "good homes."

Now, when I heard this, I asked myself how people could be so naive and believe a person offering to take "worthless" horses. But, I guess it happens...anyway, the man refered to himself as Cody "Delwood" and fits the description of the Cody that runs that auction down there advertised on the Delwood Trailers website. He told the trainer that he would find the horse a good home and if he couldn't, he would return the horse to them. So he takes the horse on a Friday, that following Tuesday there were photos of the horse for sale for over $500 on Jesse and Amanda's site. When I looked the horses ID # up, I was shocked because the horse was a very good earner and had been claimed for $30,000 his last start, with no starts after that for almost a year...so someone paid $30,000 for him and then had been paying on him for some time while he was not earning. So we contacted the previous owner and the guy was in total disbelief, called the trainer and got the name of the person who took the horse (Cody) and called Amanda who told them they had bought the horse the day before at New Holland. He explained that the horse was not supposed to be sold, just found a home and they told him basically "oh well, we got him at the sale."

Well, my friend buys the horse and gets it home...surprise, surprise the racing injury that had initially sidelined the horse was still a very big issue, to the tune of the horse will never be anything more than a pasture pet (hopefully) but they were selling it as rideable stock...something the horse most certainly is NOT. Horse dealer running a horse rescue? Come on guys, horse dealers are the original gangsters...one of the oldest nefarious professions. Mar 2 Izzy's Love Equine Rescue What pisses me off is this...Deb Jones posted on her wall I was raising funds to pull a tb mare that was covered in rain rot last night at an auction. Amanda jumps on Deb's page and tells me not to bid because she can get the horse cheaper she knows the auctioneer. Like he was going to hold special bidding just for her. Any way we bought a 3 yr old sound ottb for 225. The tb with the rain rot came in the ring we bid 100 well then the price kept going up and up. Damn if Amanda was not bidding against us after we had already said we were getting her.

Long story short I was not going to give up but when the price reached 260.00 I stopped bidding. She then posted that she cut the auctioneer off at 260.00. Duh he stopped taking bids because we stopped bidding!!!! Rescue's work together and if she was any type of rescue she would have never bid against us. She wanted that mare for some reason. I think she is going to try to profit off of her no matter what. 2 Mar 2 Lenore Howland That is pretty shitty of Amanda Hunter to do!! You are right rescues should work together. From what I have read on various other place this Amanda is scum. Mar 2 Dixie Atkins So, were there any other horses in need there? Mar 2 Lenore Howland Go read the post about the how people need to behave. Want me to tag you? Mar 2 Jen Coleman who needs to behave? I am confused. Mar 2 Lenore Howland Lol sorry I meant that to go somewhere else!! Mar 2 Dixie Atkins I already know how people need to behave.

My point is this--many rescues are dealers in guise, some under the auspices of the IRS, no less. no one--period--is ever going to go by the guidelines of anyone else's behavior. thanks for offering, though. Do I believe Amanda is a rescue? about the same as many others out there. Did she have the money, with or without fundraising from others? apparently. So if there is a horse that a rescue wants, for some reason, and they can't get it, why not simply save another, instead? Mar 2 Dixie Atkins LOL sorry, Lenore, I thought that was directed to me. It made me get a bit more snippy than I normally would! 1 Mar 2 Lenore Howland Oh no, Dixie it was not directed at you and no harm done. :). Mar 2 Izzy's Love Equine Rescue Dixie we did help 2 other horses at the auction. When we go we do not bid against private homes only the dealers. I will not bid against another rescue either but I do not consider Amanda a rescue especially since she works for a well known dealer who sells to kill buyers. 2 Mar 2 Izzy's Love Equine Rescue Amanda knew we were going to pull the grey mare so if she was a " rescue" there were several others she could have helped. Mar 2 Jodie Ann Doherty I certainly hope this person was not stupid enough to publicly post that she pulls the strings on an auctioneer at a public sale....that would be NOT SO GOOD legally. 2 Mar 3 Izzy's Love Equine Rescue Well imagine this Amanda has the mare that she bid against us for up for adoption for 850.00. She paid 260.00 + 20.00 coggins. The horse has not been evaluated undersaddle yet and she is very underweight. Now does this sound like a rescue or a horse flipper????? 4 hours ago Lenore Howland Flipper and I hope someone calls her bullshit where ever that mare turns up. 4 hours ago

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

There is not a shred of truth to these accusations above.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

The above mentioned is mind boggling. I do work for a broker but my rescue (which is not currently 501c3 status, and that is clearly stated on my website and facebook site), are completely seperate. My boss allows me to use his facility to house and care for the horses in my program. I have not sold a horse at auction in years. I have never once stated that any of my horses are at any risk of going to slaughter. If you look at my horses a majority of them are grade horses, very few are registered so the "I never buy grade horses because I can't sell them" is crazy. I am never rude to any of my clients, you can ask anyone who has worked with me to either buy or adopt a horse. It's funny they bring up the "I'm just the hauler line" because that is exactly what Christy Sheidy told me to say when I felt uncomfortable transporting one of their sick, or emmaciated horses...(which did not happen very often). As far as horses becoming sick and underweight under my care, I'd like to know how thats possible when they are either outside with roundbales put out nearly daily, or if they are in the stall have grain twice daily with all the hay they can eat...my boss bales his own hay and buys grain by the tons....why would I not use those resources? Also, if I tell you a horse is quiet and safe...then it is. I am completely honest of the condition and behaviors of any and all of my horses. Ask anyone who has worked with me to buy one from my boss or adopt one from myself. And ask for proof of de-worming a horse? First off, how can you prove you de-wormed a horse? If I say I did, then I did. It costs $2 to do so, so what's the point of lieing about it? I would also like to add that I will be filining against this website in court and whomever if responsible for this complete garbage posted out of spite. All of my personal contact info is posted in this initial report, so please, feel free to call me with any questions regarding their false accusations and defamation of character.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC