• Report: #212040

• Submitted: Thu, September 21, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 22, 2006

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Huntington Prize Reports
P.O. Box 9004, Westbury, New York 11590-9004 Nationwide U.S.A.

Huntington Prize Reports H.P.R. Receiver Services Ripoff Fraud, Gerald Huntington, Crushed Dreams ripoff Westbury New York

*Author of original report: duh

*Consumer Comment: Think!!!

My husband received a letter yesterday from Huntington Prize Reports Receiver Services. It stated that he had won $1,900,000, and asked that he mail in $19.99 for a Report Fee. We looked over this letter literally for hours, my husband was actually shaking because he wanted to believe in this so badly. We are moving to another city 122 miles away, and are about to start a family.

This would be the answer to all of our prayers; our moving expenses would be paid, we'd be able to pay off our student loans and hospital bills, donate to our favorite animal rescue leagues, help out our parents, and we'd be able to ensure that our future child will have everything he/she would ever need. We were both in tears over finally having such luck! Life hasn't been very kind to us in the past, but I suppose we should've known better to believe that something this good could actually happen to us in today's world.

Because this letter appeared so official, my husband went and bought a money order in good faith. It is a very deceiving letter full of language that is meant to confuse you! In one line it says that the $19.99 Report Fee is *required*, and there is a "Consumer Information" disclaimer on the back saying that "This communication is not a sweepstakes or awards notification" and another note mentioning that you do not have to pay money to claim a prize, and yet another note saying that you will *definitely* receive the money.

This guy is obviously assuming that we are all a bunch of flippin' morons!! Did he never hear of the internet?? I'm just glad that I'm as cautious as I am! I tend to be very distrustful of good things just falling from the sky. My husband, on the other hand, is the eternal optimist. He's going to be absolutely crushed when I tell him about this fraud!

I'm so relieved to have found this website! This joker needs to be STOPPED!!

Kristi
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2006 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Huntington-Prize-Reports/nationwide/Huntington-Prize-Reports-HPR-Receiver-Services-Ripoff-Fraud-Gerald-Huntington-Crushed-212040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Huntington Prize Reports

duh

AUTHOR: Kristi - (U.S.A.)

yea, no s**t sherlock, we're not morons.

in fact, we did enter several drawings, one of which was for $1.9 million. this is why we almost believed in these letters. the key word being *almost*.

Think!!!

AUTHOR: Ruben - (U.S.A.)

Honestly, how do you expect to win something, if you never entered anything. It only takes common sense to know that you don't get something for nothing.