Complaint Review: Hurricane Express

• Submitted: Thu, August 29, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, December 19, 2003

• Reported By:Killeen TX
Hurricane Express
17663 East Highway 412 Springdale, Arkansas U.S.A.

Hurricane Express ripoff liars fraud and theives victimized us Springdale Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: The Ex-Employee is NOT WRONG

*UPDATE Employee: Inaccurate Report

Upon signing on with Hurricane, they made all types of promises of equipment, miles and all the like that I am sure you all have heard.

The wonderful pay that I ran my butt of for over a month and never saw a penny of. I released the equipment to another driver of which the company sent to me. I asked them to pay me what was owed.

I never received a pay stub one. And they told me, and I quote, "You will regret this". I recently went to work for another company and when they called Hurrincane, they had no idea who I was.

It has been a year, however, according to them , I stole the load, trailer tires (You tell me)abandoned and damaged equipment as well a number of other lies. Just a few words of wisdom, Watch Out !!

Chris
K, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2002 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hurricane-Express/Springdale-Arkansas-72764/Hurricane-Express-ripoff-liars-fraud-and-theives-victimized-us-Springdale-Arkansas-28378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hurricane Express

The Ex-Employee is NOT WRONG

AUTHOR: Kris - (U.S.A.)

My husband and I checked out Hurricane Express quite throuoghly because the ad they run in all of the truck papers sounds so good. As is so often true, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! With Hurricane Express, it most certainly is true! They would not give us any info over the phone, they just faxed us a sheet that told us nothing of how they really operate, it just tooted thier own horn. So we started talking to other drivers on the road to see if we could find out anything useful, we did. We couldn't find one single person that would say anything good about them, even drivers that were current at the time. We considered the fact that they could be disgruntled and that they could have been wrong. We still kept our eyes wide open to the whole picture.

Since they wouldn't talk to us on the phone, we drove 6 hours on our day off(we were still working,not going to put ourselves in a bind, just looking for ways to better ourselves) to thier office. When we got there it was a joke. In the yard that they promised to have New Trucks in, there was 3 trucks that didn't look like they could make it across the street! When we started reading the paper work and eveything that they charge you for, bogus things that I have never heard of a company charging for, not to mention OVER CHARGING every thing by about 200%. We could not believe they were serious. There is no way a driver, a single driver, let alone one with a family, could make a living. The employee states above that the driver received around $900.00 in 6 weeks. I don't know anyone that can take care of thier family and live on the road for $900.00 in a six week period.

Needless to say, we turned around and got the hell out of there before they tried to charge us for breathing the air in the office! It did not take us long to figure out they were nothing but crooks and absolutely do not care about thier drivers and drivers families! To this day we have not heard a single good word from any driver we've come across that had the misfortune of getting sucked into thier lies.

DRIVERS BEWARE!!!!!

Inaccurate Report

AUTHOR: Sheldon - ()

If Chris K is Chris King, than he has made false statements. He has received money from Hurricane Express, and he did have a freight claim while he worked here.

Chris King worked with Hurricane Express from March 22, 2002, until April 26, 2002. He received 3 paychecks from Hurricane Express, which totaled $905.99. The paychecks were written on the following dates for the listed amount: 4/5/02 ($568.80), 4/11/02 ($135.91), 4/30 ($201.28). We always explain to new drivers that it takes a few weeks for their money to start coming in, because we pay the drivers when we are paid.

There was a small claim on one of the loads that he hauled, which was in the amount of $39.60. There was also a repair bill on our equipment in the amount of $77.04.

This driver did not write an accurate report, and as such it should not be trusted.