Complaint Review: Hushmail

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: TiredofAbuse — Washington Dist of Columbia
Hushmail
Suite 1177 - 1100 Melville St - Box 27 Internet Canada

Hushmail Hush Mail Communications Canada, Inc Hushmail is a fraud. They read e-mail content. Terminate accounts without cause or explanation. Vancouver Internet

*Consumer Comment: TRUE- Hushmail is a fraud

*Consumer Comment: Wrong

My advice to everyone is do not use hushmail. They closed an e-mail account that I had with them. I wrote to their so called customer service and 4 days later received a form letter stating that I had violated their "terms of service". I'm not a spammer. I have no idea what they are talking about.. Since this occurred I have researched their company in detail. They are a fraud. They don't offer privacy or secure encryption. Boycott this company at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hushmail/internet/Hushmail-Hush-Mail-Communications-Canada-Inc-Hushmail-is-a-fraud-They-read-e-mail-conte-1135789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hushmail

TRUE- Hushmail is a fraud

AUTHOR: freespeech - ()

While hushmail may allow customers to encrypt their own email, they do not protect customers from abuse. Based on my experience, they may even read customers' emails and act on political prejudice to eliminate accounts they do not agree with. The worst problem is that trolls can file false complaints with hushmail purposly to get customers' accounts blocked and hushmail will not protect customers from them. What all this amounts to is purposful violation of free speech. My advice to everyone is to file valid compliants about hushmail whenver and where ever possible, perhaps even with the FCC. Maybe a class action would stop them.

They blocked an e-mail account that I had with them three times without consulting with me first. Their customer service people admitted twice, after weeks, each time, that they "found nothing wrong' and the the third time they stating I "should have read their terms of service which says [they] have the right to block any accounts any time for no reason." I lost 5 years of files I had transferred from Yahoo and they will not allow me to transfer them elsewhere. Boycott this company and file complaints anywhere possible at all costs.

Wrong

AUTHOR: Prav - ()

I've used Hushmail and they do provide encrypted email. It's pretty easily proven and tested. Since you're claiming they do not provide encrypted email, when they in fact do, it's safe to say your entire post is a lie.