offices

• Updated: Fri, April 01, 2011

• Reported By: cs — 06798 Connecticut United States of America
Husky (Home Depot) Tools

Husky ,Home Depot, Tools Home Depot Husky Pro, air compressor failure. Internet

My Husky Pro VH6314 3 hp 60 gallon air compressor stopped working yesterday so I took the motor to a local motor repair facility to be examined. They stated that the capacitors and windings were no good and it was common with these less expensive motors sold in big box warehouse store products. What? wait, it says "Husky Pro" "The toughest name in tools" "cast iron pump" on the decals from the factory! Mind you, I am only using it for my personal use in my home shop, why wouldn't a so called Pro/toughest tool last me more than 3.5 years? Bummer, oh well it does have a 4 year warranty, so I will call HDepot and ask how to go about getting it fixed under warranty.....The Home Depot tool specialist informed me he didn't know and also did not have a phone number for support....I thanked him anyway and decided to find the number online. I call Home Depot customer service @ 888-434-8759 the tech informed me it had a 3 year warranty so it was not eligible, but I counter that its printed on the tool stating it has a 4 year warranty....well, now they tell me its only a 4 year limited  warranty and only covers the pump and tank.... and the motor only has 1 year. So I plead my case, and say that it was supposed to be a Pro quality tool, like the sticker on the tank states...the tech then told me it was only a homeowner grade tool.....Well, I am only using it as a homeowner, not commercially, but thought I was buying a Professional grade tool based on the advertisement and would have a long lasting purchase!
Now I have had a workshop at home for many years with lots of power tools ie: 3hp table saw, planer, shaper, joiner, dust collector, etc and never had a motor fail on any of them, let alone 3.5 years after purchase.
Now I know, Never buy tools at Home Depot!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2011 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Husky-Home-Depot-Tools/internet/Husky-Home-Depot-Tools-Home-Depot-Husky-Pro-air-compressor-failure-Internet-712731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Husky (Home Depot) Tools