Complaint Review: Husky Power Washer - The Home Depot

• Submitted: Fri, September 05, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 24, 2010

• Reported By:Boulder Colorado
Husky Power Washer - The Home Depot
1600 29th Street Boulder, Colorado U.S.A.

Husky Power Washer Model 1800S - The Home Depot Husky Power Washer 1800S lacks the quality of other Husky Products...Nt Worth The Money Boulder Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Husky 1800s - another unhappy customer

*UPDATE Employee: DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER

*UPDATE Employee: Husky Power Washer Customer Service

I purchased a Husky Power washer one year and one week ago. The Model is 1800S. It came with a 90 day parts warranty, a 3 year Pump and Motor manufacturers warranty and it came backed by The Home Depot offer of a one year money back guarantee or exchange program. I bought my Husky Power Washer because of the Husky brand recognition and because of the Home Depot reputation.
Over the year I used the Power Washer around 5 times. Only 5 times mind you. On the fifth time the Power Washer gun trigger broke under normal use. It broke about one month ago and I was not able to talk to Home Depot until yesterday (September 04, 2008). I talked to the service desk first, they could not help me bacause it was past the one year period so I asked for a manager...the manager Mitch arrived, he said he could not help me because it was beyond the one year period and told the clerk at the service desk to get me the number for Husky Power Washers. I have gone through the same exercise with Husky Power Washer and their response is that it is past the 90 day parts warranty. The excuses go on and on from Home Depot to the Husky online chat and live person conversations.

My beef is not that the unit is beyond the warranty, I have issue with the fact that I bought a brand that is one of the Home Depots main and maybe an exclusive brand to the Home Depot with the implied guarantee that this was a superior product. It is not a quality product. The trigger on the gun broke after 4 limited uses. As I stated to Husky, my power washer is either a lemon or the trigger on all of the Husky Power Washer 1800S's are faulty and need to be recalled. In either case I should have been sent, free of charge, a new replacement gun. I will never purchase a Husky Power Washer again.
My message to Home Depot is simple. The way you reward loyaty to your brand is by breaking the rules to allow your regular customers to feel special. If you hide behind the rules all of the time your loyal customers will look else where to show their loyality.

Ljm
Boulder, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2008 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Husky-Power-Washer-The-Home-Depot/Boulder-Colorado-80301/Husky-Power-Washer-Model-1800S-The-Home-Depot-Husky-Power-Washer-1800S-lacks-the-qualit-370107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Husky Power Washer - The Home Depot

Husky 1800s - another unhappy customer

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I hear what you are saying LJM of Boulder, Colorado.  I used my Husky 1800s 3 times and the manifold assembly started leaking so it is no longer a "pressure" washer, instead it is a "dribble" washer.  I can order a new manifold assembly, but by the time I pay for shipping, it's $40.00.  What a disappointment my purchase was as well... Like you, I won't be buying Husky products again.

DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER

AUTHOR: Customer Service Manager - (U.S.A.)

I am a Customer Service Representative at the Husky Power washer Company. Please accept my apology for the issue you experienced with your pressure washer.

Please contact us at 888 550 1606 or cservice@fna-group.com

When leaving us a voicemail, please provide your full telephone number including the area code. We also ask that you speak clearly.

Reference this posting when you make contact and we will resolve this issue to your full satisfaction.

Husky Customer Service Team

Husky Power Washer Customer Service

AUTHOR: Customer Service Manager - (U.S.A.)

Greetings,

I am the Customer Service Manager at the Husky Power Washer Company.
Please accept my apology for the issue you experienced with your 1800S pressure washer.

Please contact us at 630-789-7601 or cservice@fna-group.com