Complaint Review: Husqvarna Canada

• Updated: Fri, July 26, 2013

• Reported By: Rippedoff — Terrace Washington
Husqvarna Canada
Terrace, British Columbia Canada

Husqvarna Canada Northern Industrial Sales Husqvarna Lawn Tractor Known Problem Breaking Frame RipOff Terrace BC

Bought a Husqvarna lawn tractor in summer of 2009. Soon discovered rear wheel would not hold air. Defective rim which should have alerted me to the poor quality of these mowers.

At 100 hours of use, mowing a regular flat with some areas of slope lawn, the frame broke where the transmission /rear wheel assembly attaches. The dealer had it for a month with no loaner machine. After saying that they had never seen this before....and did I drop the mower off a truck. they say there is a kit for this problem. Right away I knew this is a known problem if they have a kit for it. And sure enough....broken frames on Husqvarna riding mowers is a common problem on the internet. So they installed a kit from Husqvarna, and I thought the problem was over. No way, the nightmare of owning a Husqvarna lawn tractor continued. At 280 hours, approximately the 56th time I used this mower to mow my lawn, the frame broke again right beside where the kit was installed.

This time the dealer strung me along for 6 weeks without a loaner. They did nothing for 3 weeks. Then they made a lot of empty promises....the dealer would install a new frame at their cost, or Husqvarna would give me a new tractor. When I would phone it would always be another lie....oh they were waiting for the mechanic to schedule the work or they were waiting to hear from Husqvarna.

Ultimately they told me they were not going to fix it. Husqvarna told them it had been misused. What a joke! Since when is mowing your lawn with a riding lawn mower considered misuse? I guess my old Craftsman lawn tractor which mowed that very same lawn for 15 years with no problems had never heard that mowing was a misuse.

So now I have a $4000 mower which is useless. Husqvarna not only sells cheap junk but they don't stand behind their product. The local dealer is a shining example of what customer service should not be like. Long waits, lies, and an "I don't care" attitude. So I had to mow my 2 acres of lawn with a hand mower for 6 weeks...they surely didn't care about that.

So my report here is to warn anyone who might be considering purchase of a Husqvarna mower....don't! And if you live in Terrace BC, don't deal with Northern Industrial Sales......they are only interested in you when they want you to buy something, after that they don't care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Husqvarna-Canada/Terrace-British-Columbia/Husqvarna-Canada-Northern-Industrial-Sales-Husqvarna-Lawn-Tractor-Known-Problem-Breaking-1070398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Husqvarna Canada