Complaint Review: Hydroxatone, LLC

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: Jean — Boston Massachusetts United States of America
Hydroxatone, LLC

Hydroxatone, LLC Misleading T V advertisement Internet

I saw a T V advertisement for a free trial of the under eye tratment, Hydrolyze.  In the advertisement it stated that all I would have to pay is shipping and handling of $7.95.

When the product arrived, it contained two 0.5 fl. oz. jars of Hydroxlyze.  Plus a bill for $175.00.

I immediately called both of the customer service numbers.  They were included in the paperwork that came with my product.  I was told that free trials work this way.

I was informed that I could either keep the products or return them at my own expense.  I informed the person I spoke with that I could not afford the $175.00 charge.  Nor did I feel it was fair to pay a second shipping and handling charge to return the product.

I was told that I could get a face lifter product to use with my Hydrolyze cream for "free". This was because I was dissatisfied with the product.  It took a lot of time for me to convince the person I was speaking to, not to forward me any more products.

I was told that if I kept the products, I would be charged for them.  However; with my constant protesting I was able to get the monthly amount down to $23.00 a month.  This is to start on the 13th of September 2010.

I want to say that "free trials" aren't free.  And that the telemarketers try to be as persuasive as they can.  They talk fast.  As well as try to make you think you are getting a really great deal.  When in all actuality "you are getting ripped off"!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hydroxatone-LLC/internet/Hydroxatone-LLC-Misleading-T-V-advertisement-Internet-632345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hydroxatone, LLC