Complaint Review: Hydroxatone

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: scammedinsf — San Francisco California United States of America
PO BOX 9300 Jersey City, New Jersey United States of America

Hydroxatone Hydroxatone.com, Unauthorized subscription and credit card charge, additional credit card theft and charges afterward Jersey City, New Jersey

I had an unauthorized charge of $1.99 show up from this company. I never purchased anything from them. Then, after that unauthorized charge, I continued to have unauthorized charges show up to random paypal accounts and websites. I reported my credit card as stolen and a few days later received in the mail two cans of their ridiculous face cream with an invoice for $1.99 shipping and handling and a subscription notification saying that if I did not return it within 2 weeks, I would be responsible for monthly payments of $69.95 and $5.95 shipping and handling.

I'm about to call them to "decline" this subscription, though I'm loathe to communicate with them at all, since I have read multiple accounts of them failing to close subscriptions and sending people to collections. As well, I am loathe to call them because they seem to have been directly involved with the interception and unauthorized charging of my credit card, including three other charges in the last few days totaling nearly $100. These people are a total scam. I have no idea who they are, how they got my credit card information, or why they think I want their ridiculous over priced face cream. They should be investigated.

I just spoke with "Cody" ext. 286 at customer service. He advised me that I was probably signed up by someone trying to use my credit card information to get a free ipad online who did not want the hydroxatone and advised me of the email this person had used, which I had never heard of. He told me they were canceling my subscription and that I did not need to return the cream. They had better actually cancel it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hydroxatone/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07303/Hydroxatone-Hydroxatonecom-Unauthorized-subscription-and-credit-card-charge-additional-978275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hydroxatone