Complaint Review: Hyundai Mazda 112

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2007

• Reported By:Lake Ronkonkoma New York
Hyundai Mazda 112
2096 Route 112 Medford, New York U.S.A.

Hyundai Mazda 112 ripoff Over-charged on new Hyundai Sonata Misrepresentation of facts Medford New York

*Author of original report: Dealer canceled XM Radio free trial, as punishment

The following fax describes the misrepresented facts, oral statments and financial switching of this dealership.

TO: Owner/ Manager of
TO: Stevens Hyundai, Route 112, Medford, NY
And Nicky W, Lawrence, Al in financing
FROM: Larry B
DATE: Tuesday, July 10, 2007
RE: Sonata, purchased on Monday, July 9, 2007

Dear Guys in Sales and Financing:

I believe that, mostly through my own stupidity and trust, I substantially overpaid for the Sonata SE V6.

Nicky told me that I would get the same deal I was offered the previous day on a 2.4 V4 Sonata. That deal, Nicky told me on both July 9 and 10, involved my paying the invoice price, which would include all taxes, Freight and handling, plus a $2,300 invoice price increase and the final 2two payments on my Nissan Maxima. This price SHOULD have come in around $20 or $21,000. Not $24,000. We figured that, at 2.9%, the payments would come to $333.96 a month after $4,000 down, not $364.18 a month, as turned out to be the case.

Too late did I realize, after having taken possession of the 3.3 V6, that I paid full MSRP plus Freight and handling, with taxes on top of that, so that the car would actually cost me over 24,000 with no options.

While sitting down with Al for financing, he never went over a single item regarding cost, and stupidly and trustingly, I didnt ask. It was only when my wife signed the papers that we realized what had been done; something like a price and switch.

After a few phone calls and messages, no one has gotten back to me, so I have to assume that the reason is, The sucker bought the car, signed the papers and took possession and we are done with him. Congratulations on another slight of money well executed!

Im sorry that I did not have a good experience with your dealership. I guess it will have to enough satisfaction to steer people looking for cars, away from Stevens. You must have heard this story before but this one is really true, although you likely will not believe it: A friend in my neighborhood has two, driving aged children. Mom, Dad and the kids all work and all need cars. They have only one good car and one held together with wire and chewing gum. He was telling me that he needed to get two used cars in good condition for his wife and two kids. I was extolling the virtues of a Hyundai 2.4 V4; how smooth and comfortable the ride it has compared to the other cars I had test driven. He needs these cars before September. Hes a good friend, so you can understand my having to mention my dissatisfaction with the way I was snowed at Stevens.

Ludicrously, I was president of a local union for 22 years, which had 2,000 members. Obviously, during contract negotiations, someone else handled the monetary negotiations; NOT ME. You can tell how great a job I would have done in that area! But, aside from the 2,000 members locally, there are over 400,000 members statewide.

Of course, the union has its own state and local newspapers.

So, while I overpaid substantially for my car, which will be embarrassing for me to admit, I will humiliate myself for the purpose of costing you at least a few sales, and youll never even know it; but I will.

Your failure to compensate or return calls causes resentments. Thats not how honest businesses operate or increase sales through word of mouth.

Ill be posting this on several internet sites. Thanks for your concern.

Lake Ronkonkoma, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hyundai-Mazda-112/Medford-New-York-11763/Hyundai-Mazda-112-ripoff-Over-charged-on-new-Hyundai-Sonata-Misrepresentation-of-facts-Med-260112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hyundai Mazda 112

Dealer canceled XM Radio free trial, as punishment

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I see that your way of trying to satisfy a dissatisfied customer is by punishment and outright theft of services. I was to have received 3 months of free, XM Satellite Radio. XM just informed me that the dealer (you) had this activation turned off. This only adds to the evidence already obtained, to make yet a stronger case. All agencies and web-sites already contacted, are now receiving this additional complaint.