Complaint Review: Hyundai Motor America

• Reported By:Rochester New Hampshire
Hyundai Motor America
www.hyundai.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Hyundai Motor America 100,000 mile/10 year warranty a total rip off Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Drag them through the mud, they deserve it.

*Consumer Comment: Why blame Hyundai and file this under THEIR name?

I purchased a used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe in 2003. I was sold an extended 100,000 mile/10 year warranty with the assurance from the dealer that it covers everything bumper to bumper. They repeated this several times to me.

Through the years, I have found this warranty covers nothing, but perhaps the front and rear bumpers. I have spent close to $4,000 which included price of warranty, required warranty inspection/maintenance and repair that should have been covered but was not.

I travelled from NH, my home to California. Before I left, I had a warranty inspection which cost close to $2,000, part of which should have been covered by warranty. When I arrived in Colorado, I took my car to a Hyundai dealer for an oil change and walked out with a bill close to $1,000, again part of which should have been covered by warranty.

I wrote to Hyundai Corporate with my complaints. They contacted me stating that I needed to take up these issues with the dealers and their district managers. They also stated that dealers are independently owned and they have no control over their business policies. They would file my complaint and complaints were reviewed quarterly by Hyundai.

No customer assistance, no support. I am virtually on my own if I wish to fight it and will have to go back to Colorado and on to New Hampshire to discuss these issues with the dealers.

Hyundai will screw you with their warranties. I would have paid less money without the warranty and just getting the repairs done.

Watch out, people for any extended warranties on anything. Just another ploy for companies to get more money out of you.

Gail s.
Rochester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2008 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hyundai-Motor-America/nationwide/Hyundai-Motor-America-100000-mile10-year-warranty-a-total-rip-off-Nationwide-370126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hyundai Motor America

Drag them through the mud, they deserve it.

AUTHOR: Daryl - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a new 2010 Hyundai Elantra. I have 23,000 miles on it. I took it to get the oil changed and was told that the front and rear rotors are rusted and pitted and that they need replaced. The rear shoes are worn from dragging on the rust and pitts that have accumulated.

I contacted Hyundai and here is there response: " Hyundai limited warranties only protect against manufactured defects. Weather conditions and normal wear and tear are not eligible for warrenty repair.

What this means is you have no warranty. Evidently, Hyundai determines wear and tear and outside events that are not covered. If you have a bearing go bad at 5,000 miles. Is it normal wear and tear? If the frame of your car rots away after 1 year, is it because of the salt on the roads or that you live in a humid area? You see how it works? If Hyundai wants to weasle out they can and do.

By the way, I have a 2006 Kia (yes, made by the same company) That has 113,000 miles on it and all of the rotors are like new. No rust, no pits. It is in the same area of the country and drive by the same driver.

Drag them through the mud with a team of horses Gail. Hyundai deserves it. I will never purchase another car from them. Neither a Kia or a Hyundai. I can't trust them.

Why blame Hyundai and file this under THEIR name?

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

OK, so you feel you got ripped off. Yes, I understand your problem and frankly agree with you. I will NEVER take an extended warranty on anything. With that said, however......

Why file this complaint under Hyundai? They have NOTHING to do with extended warranties. Those are offered under a private company that has nothing to do with the Auto company. Look at the fine print and you'll find the name of the company underwriting it...and then issue the complaint against THEM.

Basically you are dragging Hyundai down through the mud for something they have nothing to do with. You lashed out on them publicly hear without doing your research into the issue first. Of course, had you done that, you wouldn't have taken the extended warranty to start with, would you?