Complaint Review: Hyundai Motor Corporation

• Updated: Sun, September 05, 2010

• Reported By: Tony D — St Johns Other Antigua and Barbuda
Hyundai Motor Corporation

Hyundai Antigua agent Ideal Motors Dumping In The Caribbean, Internet

I bought a Hyundai Matrix three years ago in Antigua from the Hyundai agent, Ideal Motors Ltd.

I wanted it for my wife's birthday.  She had just got her driver's licence.  I checked out the car at the dealer but did not examine it closely.

After I bought it I found it had no airbags.  I found it impossible to imagine that any reputable car maker would export cars without airbags.

Then after problems with a constant pull to the left side, I took the car to a wheel-alignment company.  They told me that the reason I had the problem is that when the car was manufactured, one wheel was a few centimetres ahead of the other and that it could not be aligned or repaired.

Clearly, Hyundai must have known about the problem and dumped the car in Antigua where the car was then sold to me.  It seems to me that the other cars might also be dumped by Hyundai, sold at a low price to the dealer who then sells them without informing customers about the problems or issues.

I tried writing the Hyundai company in Korea and its New York office but have not got a reply.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2010 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hyundai-Motor-Corporation/internet/Hyundai-Antigua-agent-Ideal-Motors-Dumping-In-The-Caribbean-Internet-637950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hyundai Motor Corporation