brick

• Updated: Fri, January 24, 2014

• Reported By: derschattenmann — medon Tennessee
Hyundai USA
10550 Talbert Ave. P.O. Box 20850 Fountain Valley, California USA

Hyundai USA Ann Arbor Automotive/Hyundai Miss-represented the Extended Warranty Fountain Valley California

On January 25, 2007 I purchased a new Hyundai Santa Fe. After meeting with Ann Arbor Hyundai’s Finance Manager (Chad Hands) and Sales Manager (Kevin Bowers) during which they assured me that with the “Advantage Plus” warranty everything on the vehicle except tires, breaks and the seat material, would be covered for 10 years or 100,000 miles. This January (2014) for the first time I attempted to make use of the warranty for front struts. I called my local dealership to arrange for a warranty repair only to be told that my warranty had expired. I next contacted Hyundai USA via its toll-free number to find out what was wrong. Over the next five (5) days I was given a “run-a-round.” I was told I needed to call here, or there, only to be told the same thing every time. “There is no record of your warranty.” Fortunately, I still have my original paperwork which shows I purchased the warranty. I was eventually told that I need to send in copies of the sales agreement, which Hyundai USA may not honor because the Dealership (Ann Arbor Automotive in Ann Arbor Michigan) did not have anyone sign the document. I told the person from Hyundai USA, how is it I am responsible for how the dealership filled out paperwork? She said she would try to see if the company would accept the document. I also needed to provide copies of the registration, title, my driver’s license, and the original warranty application. Once received it could take as long as three weeks to get back to me with my warranty information. However, in the meantime, the Hyundai USA representative informed me that struts were not covered, that they are considered a maintenance issue. I asked what was covered with the Advantage Plus warranty, and it is pretty much nothing. The warranty is a total waste of money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hyundai-USA/-Fountain-Valley-California-92728-/Hyundai-USA-Ann-Arbor-AutomotiveHyundai-Miss-represented-the-Extended-Warranty-Fountain-1118215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hyundai USA