Complaint Review: I-10 Toyota

• Reported By: Bill C. — Palm Desert California
I-10 Toyota
78980 Varner Road Indio, California USA

BEWARE the ol' Switch-a-Roo! Indio California

*Author of original report: OOPS! My wife mis-read the sticker.

*Consumer Comment: Bill C.,

*Consumer Comment: Switch a roo

BUYER BEWARE! Switch-a-roo got a different vehicle than the one we selected...
We found the vehicle we wanted on the lot, made an appointment with the salesman to come back the next morning to buy it, the sticker price was $25,550.
We came in the next morning and began the negotiations, based on the sticker of 25k.
When the sales Manager came over & joined the negotiations, he referenced the $25k as the original sticker price as we haggled over our final purchase price.
After going through the entire purchase process and signing the final loan docs, they pulled the vehicle around. To our shock and dismay, the sticker price on the vehicle was only $23,550 (it had a significantly lesser trim package on it). We mentioned the sticker on the vehicle they were giving us and it was just sideswiped in the conversation. Now we know we didn't get a good deal, because we didn't get the actual vehicle we had bargained for. [continued below]....

..... I feel DEFRAUDED! If you are going to shop at I-10 Toyota,you need to be aware of this so you can write down the VIN number of the vehicle you want to buy, before you go into the office to complete the purchase.

Salesman's name is Jean.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-10-Toyota/Indio-California-92203/BEWARE-the-ol-Switch-a-Roo-Indio-California-1121120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I-10 Toyota

OOPS! My wife mis-read the sticker.

AUTHOR: Bill C. - ()

Yep, my wife actually admitted she was WRONG  :-O

I had gone all the way back to the dealership. when they asked if she had read the number at the top right or bottom right, I called her. She said, oops!

I-10 Toyota Jean & Nabor were both so nice aboiut it and have treated us so well throught the entire car buying process that I'm definitely going back to them when we're ready to buy our next vehicle.

Bill C.,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

A price negotiation for a vehicle usually starts with a written price by the sales manager on a piece of paper with the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). That piece of paper is usually referred to as a 'Work Sheet' or a 'Four Square'. All you need to do is contact the General Manager of the Toyota dealership and let him or her know that you would like to come in and have a meeting regarding your transaction. Make sure that the 'Work Sheet' or the 'Four Square' is available for the General Manager and yourself to see when you have the meeting.

If it has a starting price (MSRP) of $25,500 with the VIN of another vehicle, then you are correct in saying that you were 'defrauded'. A reputable General Manager at any dealership would be able to see what took place and do what is right, in my opinion. These 'Work Sheets' or 'Four Squares' are kept on file with the paperwork for your transaction. If they do not want to comply, you can always hire an attorney and have all the documents subpoenaed.

Good luck, and please keep us updated.

Switch a roo

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

If you knew it was a different vehicle, why did you sign anything? You should have walked as soon as you saw it was not the vehicle you made a deal on, plain and simple. No rip off here! This was not the dealers fault if you knowingly let them get away with it.