Complaint Review: I-5 Motors

• Reported By: amattox1 — Carmichael California
I-5 Motors
3323 20th Street E Fife, Washington USA

I-5 Motors Did not submit sales tax. Fife Washington

*Consumer Comment: A couple of things...

Long story short. I purchesed a vehicle from I-5 motors and paid the sales tax at the time of the purchase. How ever those fees were never submited to the DMV and I was forced to pay them again (just over $3000) along with $400.00 in penatys and late fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2014 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-5-Motors/Fife-Washington-98424/I-5-Motors-Did-not-submit-sales-tax-Fife-Washington-1129464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I-5 Motors

A couple of things...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

If you have proof you paid the tax, submit copies of the paperwork to your states auto dealer commission. One thing possible is they charged you state tax and when you get your plates you pay any local taxes.  Works that way where I live.

Good luck to you, if, indeed, they Ripped you Off, you should be able to get your money refunded by the dealer. Best of luck to you, it costs enough to buy a car and pay the taxes even once.