Complaint Review: I Buys Online

• Updated: Thu, May 16, 2013

• Reported By: Evan Carroll — Kingwood Texas
I Buys Online
Internet USA

I Buys Online; ibuysonline.com; ibuysonline Deceptive listings, back order, and hassles, long hold times. Internet

I ordered a T3i w/ lens from Ibuysonline. Got the predictable call to inform me it didn't have a battery or charger. Anyone who has read these reviews knows that it's part of their game. Told them "no" to the $150.00 surcharge for adding the battery to the kit. They informed me either way my product would ship in 2 days.

Turns out their "distributor" didn't have the product and it's drop-shipped. Good thing I called asking for a tracking number. Be careful with these guys.

You've got make a character judgement at some point. I understand they've got a "clever" selling strategy to make up lost profit with their cheap prices. However, if the guys that don't make it clear on their product page that the item does not have a battery or charger, and don't make it clear that the item isn't "In Stock", and they don't make it clear that the item is on backorder at their distributor, do you really trust them with another two weeks on your order?

They called me back a few times to right their wrong, but I'd already placed the order with eBay. It's also fishy that they raised the price of the unit. Here are some screen shots that summarize my problems with iBuyOnline,

Deceptive product page, with notes:
* http://ecgur.evancarroll.com/reviews/ibuysonline.com/2013_04_29_Canon_T3i_Bundle_deception.png

Deceptive description page, with notes:
* http://ecgur.evancarroll.com/reviews/ibuysonline.com/2013_04_29_Canon_T3i_Details_deception.png

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-Buys-Online/internet/I-Buys-Online-ibuysonlinecom-ibuysonline-Deceptive-listings-back-order-and-hassles-1051375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I Buys Online