Complaint Review: I. N. Twin Cities

• Submitted: Mon, July 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 02, 2012

• Reported By: concerned — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
I. N. Twin Cities
2426 East 117th Street Burnsville, MN 55337? Burnsville, Minnesota United States of America

I. N. Twin Cities pyramid scheme, wholesale fragrance, new office management Burnsville, Minnesota

Upon looking for jobs on Craigslist, I found one for an office administrator/manager position. This "job" sounded great, about 35-40k a year and no experience needed start today blah blah blah. So I go down there and here's the first red flag: The address they had given me was not on the front of their establishment, just a sheet of paper that said "interviews"  and there was a for lease sign in the front! They made sure to give me detailed directions over the phone because "google maps gets it wrong and sends you to some ones house not here." hmmm.....

I said whatever and went on with the interview, there were a couple of people in the office and a cute little dog by the name of "puppy power" in all honesty, this seemed like a pretty cool place to work so I "got excited" The 1st interview was about 15 minutes and 5 questions and really didn't cover anything about the company, the position, or any other things you would expect in the interview, a second red flag. I was told to call back in a couple hours to see if I was invited back for the 2nd interview.

Of course I was invited back for the second interview, which was about two and a half hours long, and was also a group interview which I thought was a little odd. When I was called back, I asked if this "I. N. Twin Cities" had a web site because I like to do my homework and this fella said " oh yeah we got a few but we like to keep that in house we will let you know all about that tomorrow." WHAT!?! in this day n age every company right down to the grubby little mom n' pop shops have a twitter, facebook n all that crap so how is it that this company with "900 branches worldwide" does not even have a facebook for folks to look at? They also claim that this company has been around since the 60's and was responsible for marketing "texas instruments" and "vision cookware." A company with this kind of history, and not even a stinkin' web site? 3rd red flag.

The final straw was on the first day of training we were given a "friends and family fun time bonus" or some shit like that where we are supposed to sell to just friends and family this evening with the lure of a $50 bonus for selling 15 bottles $75 for 20 so on and so forth. This is a classic pyramid scheme, but not the worst one out there. At least you don't have to buy the product out of pocket but who knows, it I had stayed around I might have been unpleasantly surprised. After searching "wholesale perfume scam" in google countless reports came up with thew same description I have just explained.

I'm sure there is some money to be made, but they didn't even take a W2 form or any other employer documentation that is the standard for EVERY legit job out there. Every report out there describing a "wholesale fragrance management job" sounds like trouble. If you are looking for an honest job, where you can count on a paycheck and not be a associated with a fishy company, avoid I. N. Twin Cities!!! This sounds like the latest reincarnation of "United" "MEEA" or "Scentura"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-N-Twin-Cities/Burnsville-Minnesota-/I-N-Twin-Cities-pyramid-scheme-wholesale-fragrance-new-office-management-Burnsville-905791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I. N. Twin Cities