Complaint Review: I P A - Independent Producers Of America & ABBA America's Business Benefits Association

• Submitted: Sat, April 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 24, 2010

• Reported By: I will not be made a fool of — Denver Colorado USA
Regency Plaza Center 4643 S. Ulster Street Internet United States of America

I P A - Independent Producers Of America & ABBA America's Business Benefits Association ABBA Work Opportunity Scam Internet

I wished I had done my homework before I accepted the America's Business Benefit Association scam. I was young and naive and had just graudated from college. I was a very trustful person who saw honesty and good in everybody I met. I was willing to accept any company that would accept me. A not-for-profit health insurance association found my resume on CareerBuilder.com. I should have known better, any email that does not address you by your name and looks like an email that could be sent to multiple people is shady. After weeks of searching for jobs, they seem to be the only company willing to accept me evethough I had no prior work experience at all.

On my second interview, I had to pay $250 upfront for thier paperwork and had to pay for my own health and life insurance licenses which costs me around $800 for the coursework and testings. I also had to pay for my own advertising effots, business cards. computer ink, gas, etc. The phone leads they gaive me were old, these leads were leads senior producers don't want. I called every single person on my list but nobody was interested. These were not phone leads, these were cold calls disguised as leads. Their weekly training/classes was repetitive and a complete waste of time but I did everything they told me to do to be successful because I am not the type of person who gives up easily. Just coming out of school, I was completely inexperienced in any industry, yet alone the insurance industry. They did not expected me to be an expert but they expected me to sell health insurance. Sounds pretty odd and uncomfortable for those who are looking to buy health insurance from a kid.

After three months of giving this company free advertising and personal leads by door-to-door walk and talks, they terminated my contract without any warnings. My contract terminated because I failed to provide them with any sales, which sounds reasonable but what pisses me off the most is that they did not confront their dissatisfaction with me up to the point of my termination. I felt passive aggression from the people I trusted the most in this profession and it hurts to be stabbed in the back like that. It's difficult selling as it is in this tough economy. My team leader told me that selling isn't for me and it takes somebody with a thick skin to sell. I guess it does take a special type of person to sell expensive health insurance with a $95 application fee and association benefits people don't need. I also guess it takes a very special type of person like my team leader to do the dirty work for the RSL and stab team members in the back without any warning signs.

America's Business Benefit Association does not thick twice about taking your money and dumping you like trash if you are not useful to them. What I learned from my experience is not to trust people so eagerly. Just like a smart consumer, do your homework before you accept a job offer. Beware of scammers on legitimate job boards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2010 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-P-A-Independent-Producers-Of-America-ABBA-Americas-Business-Benefits-Association/internet/I-P-A-Independent-Producers-Of-America-ABBA-Americas-Business-Benefits-Association-AB-596158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I P A - Independent Producers Of America & ABBA America's Business Benefits Association