Complaint Review: I Speedway

• Submitted: Thu, October 20, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, October 26, 2005

• Reported By:ENNIS Texas
I Speedway
3100 W. Ray Rd. Chandler, Arizona U.S.A.

I SPEEDWAY, NATIONAL FULFILLMENT Speedway ripoff, deceptive and outright liar Chandler Arizona

*Consumer Comment: If 69.99 times 5 is too much money to lose, don't risk it

I was one or two days late in returning my Internet Speedway trial package and only became aware that my 30 day trial period had expired when my credit card account was billed $59.99.

The phone rep said the contract I know I did not agree to, was binding and that I was stuck for five more payments. After I said I would have a lawyer look at the "contract", the rep said he could cancel the rest of the payments but unfortunately he could not credit my $59.99 already paid.

This in not much money for them but I'm an unemployed disabled veteran on SS disability income looking for employment possibilites on the internet.

This would not be such a great a loss for them to refund this money but it is literally food off my table.

ENNIS, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2005 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-Speedway/Chandler-Arizona-85226/I-SPEEDWAY-NATIONAL-FULFILLMENT-Speedway-ripoff-deceptive-and-outright-liar-Chandler-Ari-161457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I Speedway

If 69.99 times 5 is too much money to lose, don't risk it

AUTHOR: Anne - (U.S.A.)

It looks like you are going to be out that money. They didn't break any laws and they didn't force you to take their 30-day trial. That was your decision.

Although I detest this kind of "risk-free" trial offer (because there's always a risk that I won't remember to cancel in time), it is perfectly legal and they did not deceive or coerce you.

I know that because I took the liberty of looking on their web site and they are quite plain about the terms and what you will pay if you don't return it by the end of the 30 day trial. Here is the link:

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the information.

In the future, if money is tight and you have trouble remembering to cancel before you get charged, you should avoid this kind 30-day trial offer.

Most reputable software companies also have a truly risk-free demo version (which does not require you to give your credit card number; it just stops working after the trial period ends). If you decide that the software is worth the price, you buy it. If not, you don't.