Complaint Review: I dont know

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: fedup — Wadley Alabama United States of America
I dont know

I dont know keeps trying to hack my internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestions

My family's bank account has been hacked or phished. Small amounts such as .05 cents, 1.57, etc. have been debited and redeposited later. A larger debit of 30.00 + was debited yesterday. The best description that the bank can find on them is something called epay. They had an 800 number but when we called them, the person speaking would not give any information as to who they were or who they worked for. Now , on my computer, I keep getting a block warning from the following:   http://www.ilitili.com/sc?p=YTE0NTg4NjE2<...> Could this be related to epay or is it just something that my anti-virus should ignore?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-dont-know/internet/I-dont-know-keeps-trying-to-hack-my-internet-980987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I dont know

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestions

AUTHOR: Terrance - (U.S.A.)

I think you're dealing with two issues.  First for your bank issue:  Small debits and equal credits at a later time are often done when you sign up for some automatic debit.  They take a small amount out, have you tell them what the amount was (to verify that you own the account), then they put it back.  Someone may have your online banking password, and is setting up these debits for their own benefit.  I suggest changing your password for you online banking.  You should probably do the "clean up" specified below first.

Second, for the popup.  If you search for that domain "ilitili.com", you'll find various reports of "adware" from that site.  There are suggestions on how to remove it manually.  The first thing I would do is to download and install "Spybot Search and Destroy" (do a google search to find it.)  It removes much of this spyware / adware, and can prevent some from being installed.  Run a clean-up and an immunization.  When it does the cleanup, it reports what it finds, so you can see what you were infected with.