Complaint Review: I love body kits

• Submitted: Wed, March 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: PJBSIB — Las Vegas Nevada
I love body kits

I love body kits Advised me to order the wrong part and tried to charge me for restocking & shipping both ways , Internet

I went onto "I love body kits" website to find wheel spacers for my truck. I was having a difficult time finding what I needed and used their "Instant Chat" program for assistance. When I gave the Rep the year, make and model of my truck they sent me a link saying these spacers will work but I needed to ensure the "center bore" (the size of the hole in the back of the wheel that centers it over the mounting hub of the truck or car) was the correct size. I did this and confirmed with the Rep. I was assured these wheel spacers would work. When I finally received my order I took my wheel off and the bolt pattern was completely off. I called the contact number and advised them of my issue and was told "you need to fill out an RMA request and take pictures of the wheel spacers not fitting your truck". I of course did as requested. I then was told no matter what (return or refund) I was going to be charged the initial shipping cost, a 30% restocking fee and pay for the shipping back to them. I was astonished. I can understand paying for the shipping back but too pay a restocking fee for an item they said would work as well as pay the intial shipping seemed wrong. When I questioned this I was told "you agreed to the terms and conditions". I could not believe the poor customer service. Not even "Sir we understand the mix up. Let us help you get the correct part and get them out to you." Just a flat out you got what you ordered and be on your way. I elected to go with a different company. I will NEVER order anything from this website nor will I suggest someone to use them for any reason. Poor customer service and not willing to make a situation that should have been easily corrected by them only made it worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-love-body-kits/internet/I-love-body-kits-Advised-me-to-order-the-wrong-part-and-tried-to-charge-me-for-restocking-1038415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I love body kits