Complaint Review: IBC Bank - Houston, TX

• Submitted: Tue, February 28, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 28, 2012

• Reported By: Hacked and Frustrated — Houston Texas U.S.A.
IBC Bank - Houston, TX

IBC Bank - Houston, TX Poorly trained employees, Incompetence, Internet

POSITIVE:  I opened this account because they were located in my local grocery store and the process to open an account was really easy.  Very nice employees.

NEGATIVES:  1.  Shortly after, IBC closed all of these small branches to save money.     2.  Now, the nearest branch or ATM is 20 miles away.  If I use "other" Atms, I am charged a $5 service fee.  3.  Pending transactions...it takes 3-4 days for transactions to clear.  Also - they do not run transactions through in the order they are received.  4.  ACCOUNT HACKED = YOUR PROBLEM!!!

I  had two fraudulent charges appear as Pending transactions.  I check my account each morning for this.  The Visa Fraud dept. called to alert me that two out-of-state transactions occured and wanted me to verify.   To their credit - the Fraud Dept. is great.  I then went to the branch to have them investigate and got EXTREME INCOMPETENCE.  It took me 45 minutes to explain what was going on - the rep was busy greeting other customers as they walked in the door and answering the phone so she was distracted the whole time.

We started our conversation over three times times with me having to re-explain what happened.  I had to cancel my ATM card and reorder a new one - and they charged me $5 [they do not waive fees].  I was told that only when the transaction posted would they "INVESTIGATE" and that I would be responsible for the missing money and overdraft fees.  I asked how long before the money is returned and they could/would not give me a straight answer.  It depends on the outcome of the investigation.  I asked another person for assistance and she was totally unwilling to help me in any way.  I am changing accounts and warn others to not use IBC!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2012 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IBC-Bank-Houston-TX/internet/IBC-Bank-Houston-TX-Poorly-trained-employees-Incompetence-Internet-845858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IBC Bank - Houston, TX