Complaint Review: IBC Bank

ibc.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

IBC Bank charged fraudulent fees, causing chain reaction of MORE fees Ripoff International Texas

*Author of original report: Not sure if i won, but it is better than it was

I have an account with IBC bank. my account was low on funds, however i had enough to cover my transactions. i placed a transfer order online from savings to checking to cover a whoppin 4 dollar overage BEFORE it even hit the system (check card charge on credit, on a weekend)placed transfer order on saturday. due to new system upgrades and changes i was informed that it would take effect first thing monday morning. still no problem. apparently my transaction was erased, superceded, cancelled or ignored and i was charged an auto transfer fee, which put me in the negative, then got charged a 25 dollar overdraft fee, then IBC deposited 6 pennies into my savings account and charged me another 9 dollars to transfer it.....

issue 1, what happened to my transfer?
issue 2, why was i charged these transfer fees?
if IBC had put through my original transfer as i initiated it this would have never happened.
after lengthy online support e-mails they gave mr the 2 transfer fees, but my account is in the negative still.

IBC sent out notices that there was online issues concerning billpay ECT not going through, at around the same time as my issue (HMMMM, could it be related?), but will not investigate. i have all the e-mails to and from. this has been going on since march. i am going to e-mail them this link. we'll see what happens. oh, and thanks to the owners of this site for a forum that really helps get things done.

Rodney
Schertz, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2006 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IBC-Bank/nationwide/IBC-Bank-charged-fraudulent-fees-causing-chain-reaction-of-MORE-fees-Ripoff-International-189039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IBC Bank

Not sure if i won, but it is better than it was

AUTHOR: Rodney - (U.S.A.)

Well here goes, IBC has finally responded after i sent them the link to this report and this letter through customer service:
Please note the origin of my issue was back in early to mid march

Sent: 5/6/2006 8:54:00 PM
To: IBC Bank
Subject: Account Problem

i assume there is to be no further communication on the part of IBC in regards to my previous issues. as there has been none in the last week or so. this is a piss poor way to do business and i will be sure to tell anyone who will listen. and i will also put this information in the form of a banner on the side of my vehicle. i cover about 1500 miles a week. failing resolution, i believe i am done with your institution.
if you look at the last messages you will find a web link to badbusinessbureau.com and a report on IBC outlining my issues for millions to read.

after several days this is the response i recieved, remember after a couple months of dealing with this (approximately).

RESPONSE FROM IBC
Dear RODNEY ******,(last name deleted)
Hi Mr. ******, my name is Stacey and I am the Customer Service Supervisor I received this message yesterday and I wanted to apologize for the way you feel you have been treated. I refunded the $25.00 fee back to your account last night and as of today your balance is positive $0.49. I also tried to contact you this morning, but the numbers we have listed are not in service. Mr. ******, I would like the opportunity to assist you with this matter at your earliest convenience. I am in the office Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm.

Thank you for your patience with this matter.

just one note here i notice this person states "the way you feel you have been treated", no culpability accepted here, apparently it is just my misinterpretation of events if you ask them.

also it is not a matter of patience, i am like a pitbull after a pork chop, good luck getting me to give up.

I corresponded repeatedly with IBC, i think they just wanted me to go away and eat the loss, i was at no time willing to deposit money just to have it removed.
thank you for your interest. writing this is not where the power is, posting it is not where the power is, those who read it are where the power to effect change is.

ok, so after getting downright dirty with these jokers they made good, why did it take so long? why not just look into the matter and save all the hassles in the first place? just coorporate greed.

THE END