sequence

• Submitted: Mon, December 10, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, February 06, 2008

• Reported By:Galena Illinois
IBD-MARKETING
4699 N. FEDERAL HIGHWAY POMPANO BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

IBD-MARKETING I BOUGHT INTO THEM WITH THE PROMISE OF RENTING/SELLING MY UNIT. HAVEN'T HAD A CALL YET!! POMPANO BEACH Florida

*Author of original report: site now shows up again/ still bad

*Author of original report: advertising your way doesn't rent it

*Author of original report: IBD Marketing

*UPDATE Employee: you are not using the website correctly, causing yourself your own frustration

I contacted these people to rent my time share or would consider selling it. They said they would do all for $700. The first payment was $399 on $799 total.I did see it listed for awhile on their site. I see it now. No response from my last email stating such and that no "hot contacts" have been put to me. "Everyone is going to this area",Playa de Carmen and won't have any problem renting outthe unitsI'm mad because of no further contact from them. It's not even listed when searching places to stay. But is listed under my contract number. But how is anyone to rent it if its not on the general site for visitors searching.this is the second time of trying to get someone to get them rented since I bought this thing. Other than the travel industry promises, we like the units,the place and the people. renting/selling is the real headache. I don't have the time/experiance to rent it myself and that was told upfront to all. Has anyone else had a good experiance with IBD?

Robert
Galena, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2007 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IBD-MARKETING/POMPANO-BEACH-Florida-33064/IBD-MARKETING-I-BOUGHT-INTO-THEM-WITH-THE-PROMISE-OF-RENTINGSELLING-MY-UNIT-HAVENT-HAD-290403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IBD-MARKETING

site now shows up again/ still bad

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

has anyone contacted the florida states attorneys office. My god, you look up timeshare selling or renting, and it looks like all these companies are ripoffs. How come the state doesn't step in? Or is it the states way of making money too? sounds worse than all the dead people that vote here in chicago ill. maybe investigate the state for screwing us all by harboring this kind of industry.and the ambulance chasing lawyers you'd think would be on these sites doing us a second time trying to get our money back from the last crook we did business with in florida.

advertising your way doesn't rent it

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I understand now what your saying about the website. But after all this time, in a hot rental place like Playa, why not even ONE CALL from you helping me to get it rented??
Money spent by someone to have someone else do something for them under a contract, thereby gives the spender some expectation of the service as told by their rep. to be carried out. Otherwise, its a WASTE OF MONEY, AND GETS INTO THE LEGAL AREA.
If your company is legit, WHY NO CALLS FROM YOU DOING YOUR JOB FOR ME???
I'd like a reply, as evidently, you guys read this.

IBD Marketing

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Since I'm not using the search correctly, how is a "new " person ( cusotmer )supposed to get anywhere in it. When I do a search for Playa, mine doesn't show. What am I supposed to think? You don't call with any leads. And why should you?

you are not using the website correctly, causing yourself your own frustration

AUTHOR: Jami - (U.S.A.)

Sir, if you would like to know what is going on with your account, please feel free to contact us m-f 10:00 am-5:00 pm EST at 877-267-2125. To answer your question as to why you can see your listing when you log in CORRECTLY as opposed to doing a general search for your property, we are NOT an internet listing company, we are an ADVERTISING AGENCY. We promised to ADVERTISE your property for sale for you, making it more possible for YOU to sell it. Basically what that means to you is IF we use the website for a potential buyer (emphasizing on the if because it is merely an introduction to those who aren't exactly sure as to what timeshare is. It is not our main source of marketing), we send them directly to your ad. When you do a general search on the website, you'll notice it randomly picks different properties to put up, and you don't get the same results every time.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC