Complaint Review: IBD Marketing And Timeshare Sales

• Updated: Wed, December 19, 2007

• Reported By:Jamestown New York
IBD Marketing And Timeshare Sales
Florida Internet U.S.A.

IBD Marketing And Timeshare Sales On-line Marketing Scam Internet Florida and internet

I was scammed by IBD Marketing late last year. I was assured that my timeshare would sell and never heard back from them again. I was told to send me a contract to sign, but I never received it. I called to tell them I never received a contract wanted my money back. I had to call back several times and each time I got bounced from one person to the next. I knew the first time I called that it was a scam. I could hear in the background people having personal conversations and was even hung up on. It was completely unprofessional. I called back and was told someone named Janet in accounting would call me to issue a refund. That never happened. By this time it was too late to dispute the charge on my credit card.

Just last week I received a call from American Timeshare Marketing saying they got my name off of the IBD Marketing website. Ryan Garnet went on and on about how IBD was not licensed in the state of Florida and if I went with his company he would make sure I got a refund from them. He said American Timeshare's attorney would send them a letter to get my money back. He told me that he had 300 Canadian and Europeans coming to a convention center in response to a free 2 or 3 night resort vacation. He said they resell timeshares the way resorts sell them...with a tease offer. When they come to claim their free trip they would hard sell them to purchase my timeshare. He said they have a 1 in 4 closing rate.

I am so grateful I did my homework this time. Thank you to those who posted info about American Timeshare Marketing aka Prestige Timeshare Marketing. You saved me from losing even more money.

Jamestown, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2007 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IBD-Marketing-And-Timeshare-Sales/internet/IBD-Marketing-And-Timeshare-Sales-On-line-Marketing-Scam-Internet-Florida-and-internet-293048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IBD Marketing And Timeshare Sales