Complaint Review: IBD Marketing Inc

• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 29, 2008

• Reported By:Brighton Michigan
IBD Marketing Inc
4699 N Federal Hwy #107 Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.

IBD Marketing Inc Timeshare resale FRAUD AND MISLEADING Pompano Beach Florida

In August last year (2007), I contacted this company to resell my RCI timeshare week. I spoke with an individual who said that they were not a real estate broker and that they charged an $800 fee UP FRONT. I asked him why they charged up front and not until after the week has sold and he said it was because of marketing costs. When I asked him what kind of marketing they did he said (and I quote) "...remember when you went in and first bought your timeshare? Remember the high pressure techniques they used to get you to buy? Well, that's what we do here. Alot of high pressure sales."

Then he went on to say..."I currently have several buyers right now looking to buy a week in your price range and I bet I can have it sold this weekend if you just pay the money today!"

I was very hesitant to agree to pay anything so I told him I needed to talk it over with my husband. When he got involved he also spoke with an IMB rep and they agreed that we would only have to pay $400 now and the balance when it sold. Since he had "buyers ready" we went ahead with the deal thinking we'd have the week sold by the end of the month.

Well, that was last year and we hadn't heard anything from them so I did check their website and our property was posted on an obscure website. So I called them and asked them what other marketing do they do on the properties? He said they just put the properties on their website and he said that they just wait for someone to call them on it. So far I had 4 page views on our property and one of them was mine.

A far cry from "high pressure sales techniques" the first rep told me about. They actually have NO PRESSURE SALES TECHNIQUES. Our unit will never sell with them. I am so glad that we only got ripped off for $400, it could have been alot worse.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY---YOU CAN DO BETTER JUST SELLING IT YOURSELF.

Cyn
Brighton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IBD-Marketing-Inc/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33064/IBD-Marketing-Inc-Timeshare-resale-FRAUD-AND-MISLEADING-Pompano-Beach-Florida-313344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IBD Marketing Inc