Complaint Review: IBD Marketing

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2008

• Reported By:Brick New Jersey
IBD Marketing
4699 N. Federal Highway Suite 107 POMPANO BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

IBD Marketing Total Scam, RIP OFF, Smooth Talkers, Poor Response from Customer Service Pompano Beach Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They are a scam!!

I am not a happy persaon at this time. IBD Marketing is a TOTAL scam!

I was contacted back in March of 2007 about selling my time share in Orlando Florida. The guy was smooth and had answers for all of my questions. I paid him money ($500) to sell my time share they said the money was used for marketing purposes and of course they did not make any profit from this. He said my time share would take 60 to 90 days to sell and would be very easy to get rid of. So I drank the Kool-Aid and thought he would be right. Now alomost a year later the phone number does not work, the website is down and I am out $500.

I would have to say at least 2 times each month since April I have called them to get a status on my time share and each time I was told to call back in a week. When you called back you were told they are running a "Virtual TOur" on your property and this will help attract people to buy it. Never once could anyone there provide any type of concrete answer. In October I asked for a manager and a refun since I thought this was all a big scam. They refused to provide me with a refund and assured me that the timeshare was going to sell. Now January 2008 where are they?

If anyone has information on this rip off company, please help.

Jim b
Brick, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2008 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IBD-Marketing/POMPANO-BEACH-Florida-33064/IBD-Marketing-Total-Scam-RIP-OFF-Smooth-Talkers-Poor-Response-from-Customer-Service-Pom-299300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IBD Marketing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Naomi - (U.S.A.)

I wish poeple would do their research before giving their credit card info out! I use to work for the company. I contacted the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, Legal Aid etc. while still working there. They are a total scam. They have closed, but i'm sure they are using another name. Never pay a fee up front!!!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds