Complaint Review: IBD Marketing

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2008

• Reported By:Fredericksburg Virginia
IBD Marketing
Nationwide U.S.A.

IBD Marketing IBD said they would sell my timeshare or my money back Coral Springs Florida

*Consumer Comment: IBD Marketing & Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

I called IBD Marketing to have them sell my timeshare I have in Las Vegas the told me it would cost me $882.00 which I paid with my discover card. I kept checking the website and always it said only 4 people had view it. I finally called them and said I wanted my money back, as only 4 people have ever viewed it they told to wait awhile as 2 people were looking into financing. I said okay and I waited and waited they never called me so I went back to the website and it is now suspended. I tried to call their toll free number, it went right to voice mail and aske me to leave a message day and time and a number where they could call me back. I have never received a call back and I want my money back.

Michele
Fredericksburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2008 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IBD-Marketing/nationwide/IBD-Marketing-IBD-said-they-would-sell-my-timeshare-or-my-money-back-Coral-Springs-Florida-296307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IBD Marketing

IBD Marketing & Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: Evita75 - ()

ANY group that calls YOU is 99% certain to be an upfront fee company, I know because I've been constantly called by people who claim they would sell my Royal Elite timeshare. What are those? A group that makes great sounding promises to rent/lease/sell/transfer/etc your timeshare or system membership points at a good to great price. They often claim to have a buyer or a renter or a group wanting space, etc - but then YOU have to pay to assure the process gets done. In realty that is all they really want - the upfront money paid by you and they can basically disappear (you'll hear nothing more from them & they will be very hard to impossible to reach) to go after the next victim. DO NOT try to deal with them as it is a scam. Forget any "guarantees" as they are unenforceable (ask yourself what recourse you'd have if you couldn't reach them tomorrow or they simply never followed through with the promises made). Forget any protection from a credit or debit card. They have things set up so what you are promised meets the minimum requirements to assure they, not you, get paid.  DO NOT try to use them or you will be out whatever money they manage to get from you. THAT is a guarantee you can bank on unlike the meaningless, unenforceable one they are trying to lure you in with.  We see it over and over again and there is never a good outcome for those that actually try to deal with this type of "offer". Avoid it & handle your sale yourself

temporary