compromise

• Reported By: Pablo — Palmdale California United States of America
ICDC College
5995 Sepulveda Blvd. Culver City, California United States of America

ICDC College is a fraud Culver City, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: @ "Really? "

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: @ "Really? "

*UPDATE Employee: ACCSC is in itself a SCAM

*Consumer Comment: accreditation

*General Comment: Really?

I fell victim to ICDC college's false promises of "high paying jobs" in homeland security and enrolled in their 2 year college degree program. What I didn't know is that their school is not "accredited" and is really nothing more than a vocational education school that is geared to high school dropouts, ex-cons, and crack heads who qualify for Federal student loans that would otherwise have no hope of being accepted into a legitimate school of higher learning. In my class we even had two homeless people enrolled that had to go to the library to use a public computer (they later dropped out) to do their online assignments and a couple of Indians who lived on a reservation and had never even owned a computer nor even knew how to use one.

ICDC College is a fraud that is driven by greed and avarice. The classes are "dumbed down" to the lowest common denominator to keep the enrollment numbers up and the federal student loan payments rolling in. Because of ICDC's lack of a real accreditation and a graduation certificate that is virtually meaningless, the best that any of their graduates can hope for is $8 - $10.00/ security guard job. Knowing that now, I could have saved $25,000 in student loans, two years of my life, and used Craigslist instead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICDC-College/Culver-City-California-90230/ICDC-College-is-a-fraud-Culver-City-California-771845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICDC College

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

@ "Really? "

AUTHOR: D. Santiago - (United States of America)

I'm pretty much positive anybody bragging about this school's joke certification and credentials is some administrative employee at the school. You can tell how unprofessional they are by the tactless way they address the claims on here. I was an employee of this organization for a few years and I can tell you just about every negative claim on here is true. The administration behave like used car salesmen and completely manipulate these kids that don't know any better for the virtually unlimited money that comes in from these federal grants/loans. Only recently has the government taken the time to look into these for-profit schools after they have gone for years without any type of accountability for the quality of education and service provided. I believe I was a decent instructor. At least the best I could be considering the practically non-existing support from the administration that pretty much just pretended to be important and did little else than sit in their offices all day doing who knows what. They certainly weren't there for the students since I constantly heard the students complaining they were always brushed off and told to come back later but anything having to do with getting a payment immediately got a page to the classroom in the middle of instruction. They spend a boat load of money for commercials with "celebrity" spokespersons but not a single cent into classroom supplies beyond some cheap textbooks they find on amazon and virus riddled computers that literally look like something that was found at a garage sale. I would even take money out of my own pocket from time to time to do labs that weren't in the redundant course outline the campus president plagarized word for word from the powerpoint slides provided in the textbook cd. They don't even bother authoring their own module outlines. A student pays 11000 dollars for a program that takes its course outlines word for word from a powerpoint file anybody can buy off the Internet. How ridiculous is that? None of the instructors hired have any kind of teaching credentials. I'm not saying that this kept instructors from teaching because like myself a few of them had respectable knowledge and competence but this was the exception more than the rule. I'm actually glad they stopped enrollment in the course I was instructing in and eventually let me go. I totally had to compromise my integrity to work there day in and day out, and before this post gets any rebuttal saying I'm just some disgruntled ex-employee I'll have you know that after being let go I have had opportunities to instruct at other similar schools but preferred not to involve myself with such an organization ever again as most if not all of these for-profit schools are exactly the same. I rather get more teaching credentials and become an instructor at a real school that cares and supports both its students and teaching staff.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

@ "Really? "

AUTHOR: D. Santiago - (United States of America)

ACCSC is in itself a SCAM

AUTHOR: ED - (USA)

I was an "inspector" hired by ACCSC to assess the quality of ICDC's Homeland Security Program. I took me all of 30 minutes to realize this company was nothing more than a giant scam targeting people who had assess to Stafford Loans. The instruction was minimal and the coursework was totally lacking when based what they were charging for the "school".

I wrote my concerns to ACCSC and was promptly dropped from their roster of inspectors. When I did some research on ACCSC, I found out they are nothing more than an accreditation mill for crooked career colleges. They ONLY accredit for - profit career schools and they ALWAYS find them to be in compliance - as long as ICDCs check clears.

ICDC = SCAM
ACCSC = SUPER SCAM!

accreditation

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Actually, ICDC College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). This accreditation is NOT the same as regional accreditation, which carries more weight.  In California, this would be the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).  As the OP states, their accreditation puts them at the same level of a vocational school, and it is almost impossible to transfer their credits to a regionally accredited college or university.

And to the first responder: Anyone who can use "avarice" correctly in a sentence (as the OP did) probably did very well in school.

#5 General Comment

Really?

AUTHOR: Sowersby - (United States of America)

Their accreditation is real and current, you can check this through the company that gave it it's accreditation. As an accredited college it's classes must contain a set curriculum that holds to the standards of the national accreditation education standard. This report was most likely filed by someone who did poorly in the school or had a previous felony record and due to that they could not find a job in anything but local security.