receives

• Updated: Tue, April 26, 2011

• Reported By: Alisha — Los Angeles California United States of America
ICDC College
5995 Sepulveda Blvd. #3300 Los Angeles, California United States of America

ICDC College George Ingersoll Online Campus Director ICDC college causes Veteran Financial Hardship! Los Angeles, California

*Author of original report: ICDC and Veteran Affairs

On March 1st 2010 I started my first day of online classes with a college called ICDC. I was excitede to continue my education in the Homeland Security program and hope to broaden my career  opportunities. I remember everything running smoothly when filling out all the paper work and making sure with my financial aide advisor that everything was set and good with my loans, he assured me everything was fine. A couple months of studying, research, midterms and exams taking one class after the other, I recieved a phone call from my Student Advisor, which oddly was not my original one who got me into the program, on a issue with my financial aide packet. He told me I neede to refile my FASFA through the school because of some errors my previous financial aide advisor made. I didn't think anything of it, I refiled my FASFA and continued logging in everyday to the online blackboard and continueing my claases. I then about two-three weeks later recieved another phone call from my new Student Advisor stating that my new FASFA had some changes and because of those changes I would not be getting the loans as previously told by the financial advisor. I would now have to make payments to the school during the progra and for the next 7 yrs to the school olus my loans that did come in. At the time I was in no position to take on that big of a financial agrrement, it was almost $400.00 I would have to pay so I opted out and told him I would not be able to financially do it and if nothing else could be done, I could not continue on with the program. I am a Vetern and anytime you enroll in a college the VA has to verify with that school of your enrollment in order for you to recieve G.I. Bill benefits, so up untill that day I recieved benefits for attending the college. I told the Advisor he needed to contacted the VA to get my payments stopped.

About two weeks later I recieve a letter in the mail from the VA stating I was indebited to them for over $5,00.00 because I was never enrolled at ICDC. I was in complete shock, my heart sank deep in my chest, I felt like I couldn't breathe. This letter could be further from the truth and all the hard work I put into my grades was just overlooked and pushed aside like I was a nobody. I've never in my life had an issue with the VA or benefits before, and I was really confused as to how the VA could award me benefits and then not notice the error from the school and just send me a letter saying I owed them for never being enrolled when they verified my enrollment with the school and awarded me benefits. I got in contact with the online Campus Director because I ws sure there was some mistake. When I asked him about the situation he elected to tell me that he felt it would be best on his side to just say and make it seem as if I never went there because they hadn't recieved any money yet. I enlightened him on how I was recieving benefits and if he lied about me attending the college that it would put me in financial hardship with the VA as at the time it did and told him that no matter what I was enrolled and I did take the classes and accumilated grades and that it was inapropriate to falsify a legal document especially without consulting me. He then told me he would resend a letter explaining that I was enrolled at the time and did recieve benefits correctly, but had to opt out because of financial issues, this would have cleared everything up.

It has now been 1 year and after tons of phone calls and empty promises I am now being harrassed by creditors and every dime of my income tax has been withheld from me. I feel like I'm in prison, every day I have anxiety about this situation and I'm trying to do what I can to get this corrected, I had the VA start an invesigation but I am unable to get any info on the progress or talk to the processor who's working on it. I called the IRS and Federal Management System and they both have told me they do not get involved and there's nothing they can do. So now, I feel like my life is in the hands of thos I do not trust. I thought the VA would take care of there veterans and have our best interest at heart, what is wrong with America? I am no mean even close to being rich or having the money to pay this debt that is not mine. I feel so lost, confused, and just pushed aside like I'm a piece of trash by the college and the VA. AllI was trying to do was better myself and now I have to walk around feeling less than and not being able to breathe easily, I've never had to deal with a situation like this and don't know what avenues to take to get this resolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICDC-College/Los-Angeles-California-90230/ICDC-College-George-Ingersoll-Online-Campus-Director-ICDC-college-causes-Veteran-Financial-711863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICDC College

ICDC and Veteran Affairs

AUTHOR: Alisha - (United States of America)

I am very please to say that after such a long battle with the college I attended and the VA, the matter is corrected. I just found out today, that ICDC college has corrected my enrollment with the VA and my financial issues as well as others have been restored back to normal. I never expected to go through something like this, but I am very pleased the ICDC finally came through, a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I want to thank Armand for stepping in and taking care of things. Thanks to ICDC I can finally breathe free again.