Complaint Review: ICDC College

ICDC College
14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys, California United States of America

ICDC College Don't waste your money Van Nuys, California

*Consumer Comment: Nice try, Michael

*Author of original report: ICDC is working for me!

My name is Michael. I attended ICDC College because I wanted to become a substance abuse counselor. Originally, I was going to attend Pierce College because they have one of the best addiction studies classes in the U.S., but I decided to check out ICDC first.

When I went to ICDC, they told me that the course takes a total of ten months compaired to two years at Pierce, so I would be employed in a descent paying job and ready to take my state certification exam before I would even finish school at Pierce. I decided to go to ICDC which, it turns out, was a big mistake!!

I completed school on May 5th, 2011 and have been looking for work ever since. ICDC says that they have a great job assistance program and that companies call them looking for graduates but the only assistance they have given me is giving me a couple of phone numbers to call. When I told them that I have already contacted these people, ICDC said that there is nothing that they can do and that I am not the only one having a hard time finding work.  I am not surprised, and it has nothing to do with the fact that jobs are hard to find, it has to do with the fact that the education people receive through ICDC is not good. All of our exams were open book, including the final, which sounds good but in reality, companies want someone they hire to know what they are doing.

I sent in my resume to a drug rehab facility and a couple of days later a lady called me from the facility. I thought, "Cool, maybe I am going to be asked to come in for an interview!" That isn't what happened, instead, the lady talked to me for a minute and then said, "I see you went to school at ICDC." I said, "Yes, I completed on May 5th." She then said, "Hmm! It's not that ICDC is a bad school, it's just that they don't educate to the standards that I find acceptable! If you want to learn about substance abuse, attend Pierce or Ventura College, I don't hire employees that got their education through ICDC. It's nothing against you, I have hired people from ICDC before and it was a mistake, I won't hire from them again!

If you want to attend ICDC, that's your choice, but if I had done some research before I went to ICDC, I wouldn't have gone. If you are thinking about furthering your education and you don't know where to go, first check out your local JC. If they don't offer what you are looking for then check out some trade schools but don't make your decision to attend a certain school because of what the school promisses you,  do some research. Go to companies that employee people in the skill you want to learn and see if they hire graduates from the schools you are looking into. If they say yes, than ask what the average salary is and see if it is what you want. If the company doesn't hire from a certain school, like ICDC, then look somewhere else to get your education.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2011 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICDC-College/Van-Nuys-California-91362/ICDC-College-Dont-waste-your-money-Van-Nuys-California-807679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICDC College

Nice try, Michael

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I'm not sure who put up this report but I think that it was intended to be me.  My name is also Michael but I did not write this report. The reason I think it is suppossed to be me is because I was the only Michael in substance abuse counseling at ICDC, Van Nuys campus, that completed school on May 5th, 2011.  "

I think you know exactly who put up this report.   It was you.   When you are attempting to appear to be two different people on this site, it is imperative that you not use the same computer for both posts.   If you'll look at your rebuttal, you'll see that the site recognizes this as an update by the author of the original post.

If you'd studied computers, you might be able to figure out how this site knows your are the same person as the original poster.    You can even change your login name and location and this site will still know.

Thanks for playing.    I have no idea if you really think this school is bad or not, but I do know that your credibility doesn't count for much here.

ICDC is working for me!

AUTHOR: Michael - (United States of America)

I admit, I was getting frusterated with my job leads and I did tell a few people about it but what was left out of the report was the fact that I had a felony arrest on my record, (the word felony was a mistake written by the Elbert County Sheriff, it has now been corrected to be a petty offense.) This is why companies wern't hiring me. Since I've had that mistake corrected, ICDC has been able to send me on more interviews. It is true that I do not have employment at this time but it is not ICDC's responsibility to land me a job, that is up to me, they said that they will get me interviews, which they are doing.

Another thing that was said in the report was that I talked to a lady on the phone about a job and that she said that ICDC is not a school that she hires from because they do not teach to the standards that she finds acceptable. That is not what was said.  I did talk to a lady on the phone and she did ask me where I got my education from and I told her ICDC College. She said, "o.k. how did you like it? I said that i liked it. She said that she is an instructor at Ventura College in substance abuse counseling and that she usually hires students that have completed her class but she will keep my resume on file.

I haven't had a problem with ICDC College. If you are considering a career change you might want to check them out but I would suggest making sure that you are hireable in the profession you want to choose and that the profession is hiring. If you decide to go to ICDC, or any college for that matter, and you haven't done your re-search, don't blame the school if the jobs you apply for don't hire you because of something you have or haven't done.