Complaint Review: ICM - Internet Cash Machine

• Submitted: Wed, August 11, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 12, 2010

• Reported By: Jeff — Buford Georgia United States of America
ICM - Internet Cash Machine
6741 Portola Pkwy., ste 1E #912 Foothill Ranch, California United States of America

ICM - Internet Cash Machine BAIT AND SWITCH Foothill Ranch , California

*UPDATE Employee: Customer did not cancel the account until long after the trial period ended.

I purchased a package for $2.97 that was to be mailed to my house and "should be received in a couple days". I left the following day for vacation. While on vacation, received a call from Carlos wanting to help me set-up my account. I told him that I was on vacation and had not received the package, but would call him back upon my return home.

After returning home I went to the grocery store to pick up some items and found that my card was denied. I called the credit card company and was told that they placed my card on temporary hold due to possible fraud from a purchase on the internet for $149.95. I told them I had not authorized the charge. I called Carlos back and told him that I had not authorized the charge and had not received the package. He reffered me to call 877 863-3088 for customer service. I spoke to Edward and told him of the situation. He said that I should have received an e-mail stating that I had 72 hours to cancel or be charged the $ 149.95. I told him that I didn't have to cancel something i did not authorize. He also told me he would re-send the package via mail but "the info in the package was not very helpful" I have since left numerous messages for a manager(Matthew Alexander) who has yet to ever return one of my calls. I also spoke to Jenny who was not of any help other than to say they were a privately owned company and the owners did not take calls "that was her and Matthew's job".

The company does not tell you that you will receive an e-mail outlining the $149.95 charge, but claims that to be what you agreed to.

The company is a fraud and nothing more than a scam that I will be reporting to CNBC as well since they claim to have been seen on their network.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2010 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICM-Internet-Cash-Machine/Foothill-Ranch-California-92610/ICM-Internet-Cash-Machine-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-Foothill-Ranch-California-630734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICM - Internet Cash Machine

Customer did not cancel the account until long after the trial period ended.

AUTHOR: Director of Operations - (United States of America)

This customer signed up on 4-5-10. This account was only canceled on 4-10-10 when the customer called in to cancel this account. The terms and conditions of the sign up were clear, there is a $149.95 charge after the trial period of 3 days is over. If the account is not canceled during the trial period the one - time charge of $149.95 is due.  The date is now 8-12-10,  which is outside the stated cancellation period. The account is canceled, but no refund will be offered.