Complaint Review: ICM Websites

• Submitted: Fri, August 06, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 09, 2010

• Reported By: angrylady_58 — madison Illinois United States of America
ICM Websites

ICM Websites http://www.internetjobnews.net/?n=193&k=CPMAb1, Web Profit Club, Internet Cash Machine. The site I visited gave you the impression this was a work from home business posting links. It also states you don't need to buy or sell anything. I was then directed to the web profit club, next thi Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Charges validated by customer's own bank

It started out at this website: internetjobnews.net/?n=193&k-CPMAb1. It described a work from home job posting links. There was nothing to sell or buy, just post links. I was then directed to the Web Profit Club link which I clicked on and was taken to the sign up page. I didn't think much about the $2.97 activation fee, I paid it using my credit card. There was no faq, TOS, or policy agreement, just a simple one time transaction. I was then directed to the final step page, in the end, this website turned out to be ICM. I received an email later that evening, all the pertinent information such as this is a 3day trial period, and your credit card wuld be charged $149.99 afteer the trial period. This was done on purpose, hopiny you would miss that window so they can get your money. If this company was honest, the letter would of started out with the important information at the top of the letter.

4-5 days later when I reaized my card was charged $149.99, I called ICM and refuted the charges, they reused to refund my money. I Called my credit card company and they did get me a refund. A week or two later, ICM rechrged my card. I'm still fighting to get my money back. I did ask ICM exactly what it was I was paying fo, they replied "Enrollment fee". The only reason I trusted this was becuase of the news logos at the top of the  page. MSNBC, ABC, World News Today, and BBC. I have emailed a couple of these news stations to find out if they have any knowledge of this website.

I want my money back. This was false advertising, misleading, and most of all, I didn't agree to pay anyone $149.99. Why was the cost $139 for some, and $10 dollars more for me?

One other thing, ICM sent my credit card company a picture of our so called transaction, they're page differ from mine. As a matter of fact my card company says they couldn't make out what was at the bottom of the page. Nothing should be at the bottom , becuase there is nothing at the bottom of the page I printed out after the transaction

Rose

Madison, Il

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2010 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICM-Websites/internet/ICM-Websites-httpwwwinternetjobnewsnetn193kCPMAb1-Web-Profit-Club-Internet-Cas-629628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICM Websites

Charges validated by customer's own bank

AUTHOR: Director of Operations - (United States of America)

This account and these charges were disputed by the customer with her bank and the bank agreed that the charges were valid and that the customer initiated the signup for the service.

Based on the fact that the bank honored the transaction, there is no valid cause to provide a refund. Part of the terms and conditions of the program was that a charge  would be charged if the account was not canceled before the end of the 3rd business day after the account was established.