Complaint Review: ICS Global Van Lines - Global Moving Usa

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:syracuse New York
ICS Global Van Lines - Global Moving Usa
2375 Gerry Rd, Norcross Ga 07601 Nationwide U.S.A.

ICS Global Van Lines - Global Moving Usa BIG SCAM ICS GLOBAL VAN LINES A BIG SCAM Norcross, Georgia

I was in the process of moving and recieved several quotes via email about a move from NY to the west coast. ICS global van lines provided me with the lowest rate which was $1200 so I decided to call them. I call them and gave them a deposit for 25%. After booking I started to do a little research and found that their website has no contact information other than an 800#. I became concerned about this so called to ask about insurance and no one that answered the phone seemed to know anything about insurance plans and told me I would need to calol back when the boss is in. I finally got a hold of the boss and he gave me some story of the only insurance they provide is for 10000 and 500 deductible. He said hes done 100s of move and never had a problem and thought that I didnt need insurance. Although he sounded convincing on the phone I thought it was odd that he would try and talk a customer out of insurance. Shortly afterward I recieved the invoice which required my signature so they can authorize the transaction for my deposit. The address for the company listed was ICS Global van lines, 2375 gerry rd, Norcross Ga 07601. I googled the company name and couldnt find anything online about it. I then googled the zipcode of ICS Global vanlines and 07601 is in NJ. Ga street address but NJ zipcode. Another red flag. I looked up Norcross Ga yellow pages and no listing of ICS global van lines. I called my bank after this to cancel the transaction bc this company was nothing but a scam. To add icing to the cake the transaction cost $10 for international processing which was processed in jerusalem. I called Global to ask if they were indeed based out of norcross and they said yes. So I said why do you have a NJ zipcode. They said bc they also have a NJ office. I asked if they were listed with the better Business burea and they said yes, another lie they are not, Told them they are not, and my response is the reason they are not (which 5min before they were) is bc they have no complaints. I said I will not be doing business with them and hung up. I emailed them after saying next time you try and scam someone have the right zipcode of your company. To this day no response!

Rcamed
syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICS-Global-Van-Lines-Global-Moving-Usa/nationwide/ICS-Global-Van-Lines-Global-Moving-Usa-BIG-SCAM-ICS-GLOBAL-VAN-LINES-A-BIG-SCAM-Norcross-340569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICS Global Van Lines - Global Moving Usa