Complaint Review: ICS, Independent Contractor's Service

• Updated: Tue, November 06, 2012

• Reported By: senoranash — Easthampton Massachusetts United States of America
ICS, Independent Contractor's Service
PO Box 480309 Delray Beach, Florida United States of America

ICS, Independent Contractor's Service Magazine Subscription--paid in full, no delivery Delray Beach , Florida

I ordered a 2 year subscription to Rolling Stone Magazine from a charming young man who came to my door on 6/14/12. He stated he was selling magazine subscriptions to earn money for college. In the past, I have ordered magazines and books from similar kids, and have never had a problem,and received my products without incident. I paid in full, and my check for $47.50 was cashed 5 days later, on 6/19/12. When, after a few months, I hadn't received any issues, I checked my receipt, which states,"please allow 90-120 days for subscription to begin, once final payment is received". Most magazine companies have a 6-8 week wait (42-56 days). So, once the 120 days had come and gone, I contacted the company today, 11/6/12 to inquire about my subscription. I got a recording, with no menu to speak to a live person. Customer service can only be reached by mail or through an email address on my receipt that turned out to be invalid. I did reach a live body by calling personnel at 1-866-562-7454. The somewhat condescending person on the other end stated that customer service had no direct line, and could only be reached by mail or email. Great business practice there. She agreed to help me, pulled up my info., and told me that right around the time my order was placed, they "delisted" Rolling Stone from their offerings, and replaced that subscription with one to Spin Magazine, which she said is very similar. She also said I needed to give it a little more time and should have my first issue by the end of November. Not being familiar with Spin magazine, I did a web search, only to find that the magazine was out of print, with  Oct. 2012 being the last issue released. Rolling Stone comes every 2 weeks, Spin magazine once a month if it WAS in print, with a subscription price of $9.99/ year. Even if they sent it, I'd be getting ripped off. I'll call again tomorrow, and post if I get any satisfaction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICS-Independent-Contractors-Service/Delray-Beach-Florida-33448/ICS-Independent-Contractors-Service-Magazine-Subscription-paid-in-full-no-delivery-D-965600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICS, Independent Contractor's Service