Complaint Review: I.C.S.

• Submitted: Thu, February 14, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Christoph — Orlando Florida United States of America
PO Box 480309 Delray Beach, Florida United States of America

I.C.S. Infocon or Indpendant Contractors Service RIPOFF SCAM Magazine Subscription Pitch Delray Beach, Florida

As I saw on the internet stating several similar scams regarding this company and their pitch of providing points to assist young individuals a chance to earn points to get a school grant or assistance in opening a in Shaunie Montano's Case her own ice cream shop. Well I thought that I would be doing a good samaritan deed for a young person getting started so I thought I would go ahead and assist her.  She had stated that she was walking around the neighborhood and many neighbors had bought subscriptions from her. She was a short and on the heavy side mulatto girl. She seemed friendly enough although she spoke very fast and she could have been on some type of upper possibly. At any rate she finished up what looked like real documentation or paperwork and gave me a copy stating that she would be earning 400 points toward a 30,000 point goal and that she was on 27,650 currently. Then she wrote on my paper 200 points so I knew that she was not talking the truth she slipped up. It seemed odd that she would be doing this in the rain. but anyway she mentioned she was walking then she jogged away and a red maroon Dodge magnum I believe or 4 door Stationwagon with dark tinted windows, Black Rims and tires and a police like light on the side of the driver side door. So I immediately thought to check into it online and sure enough it was a scam.

I called my bank immedialty and my bank manager told me that this was a common scam going on wherein they take a check and wash it and then make fake ones on their own with all my information and then start cashing them in and depleting my money. So I was lucky enough to have caught it right away and closed my account down completely and cancelled that check number and placed a warning on it to whoever might try to cash it in.

It is truly shameful that people do this type of thing to people trying to do good and in front of my 10 year old son no less. This is just a shame that this is happening. I also  Have placed a watch warnig on the vehicle that had picked her up because after she got into it my son said that he has seen that car driving up and down our street all the time and that is scary and so the next time I see it they can say hello to my little friend. No more mr. niceguy. She even tried to pry in to see if I had any guns by smalltalk. So please all beware of this and I hope that you do not fall into a trap tht I did almost did .

Good Luck and God Bless..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICS/Delray-Beach-Florida-33448/ICS-Infocon-or-Indpendant-Contractors-Service-RIPOFF-SCAM-Magazine-Subscription-Pitch-D-1014379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I.C.S.