Complaint Review: I.C.T Engines Thunderbolt Motors

• Reported By: Gary — Katy Texas United States of America
I.C.T Engines Thunderbolt Motors
6847 Harrisburg Blvd Houston, Texas United States of America

I.C.T Engines Thunderbolt Motors Misleading estimates Houston, Texas

When I read some of these reports, I discount them because they are blown out of proportion.  I discounted some of those but after sending my car to them, I wished I hadn't.

They gave me an estimate over the phone for a rebuilt engine of $2,395 (part and labor).  This is for a "long block".  Once you have the car towed up there, they will give you a paper that says the timing components are not included (they usually are included in a long block).  It's almost guaranteed that they are going to want to replace them and charge you for that.  If there is a knocking in your engine, they will charge you another $400 because they will tell you that your block can not be re-used so they charge you the core charge.

They also attempted to up the original price of the rebuilt engine.  They quoted me twice on the phone $2,395 and when they did the written estimate when I brought my car in, they scribbled where I could hardly read it, "$2,695".  I pointed that out and he was like, "Oh, I'm sorry, I just made a mistake, let me fix that.

So, bottom line is, here is the things that they don't tell you until you've had the car towed to them ...
You have to give them an $800 down payment for them to even look at it.
They will call you in a week with $1,600 in parts, more that "has" to be replaced to even get it running.
They charge you $575 plus towing and will throw your engine (in pieces) into the trunk of the car for you to come pick up if you can't afford the $1,600 increased estimate.
The timing components aren't include in their long block.

If you disregard this warning, you will remember it when they call you with the $1,600 extra estimate and you'll wish you didn't bring it up there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICT-Engines-Thunderbolt-Motors/Houston-Texas-77011/ICT-Engines-Thunderbolt-Motors-Misleading-estimates-Houston-Texas-1005024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I.C.T Engines Thunderbolt Motors