Complaint Review: ID Protection

• Updated: Tue, July 05, 2011

• Reported By: John B — Wyoming Minnesota United States of America
ID Protection
1400 Kempsville Rd STE 110 #24 Chesapeake, Virginia United States of America

ID Protection unauthorized enrollment in ID Protection plan Chesapeake, Virginia

I received a letter in the mail saying I had enrolled in an ID Protection Program from ID Protection from Chesapeake, VA. This program provides members id protection for $24.95 a month, which will be billed directly to my credit card. I called their customer service number 1-800-803-1867 to try and cancel my so called" membership". I was told that I had requested this offer through one of their marketing partners. I asked which one? They would not answer. I demanded to be removed from their "membership" whether this happens before they charge my credit card is all I can hope for. They would not even tell me which credit card they would use.

The only recollection of a strange call I received the last week of June was a call saying I was to receive $100 gift card to use at WalMart because of a recent credit card purchase I had made at Best Buy. They asked to verify my address to send the gift card. I did not verify anything stating "if you have my address I will not verify anything".

This is could not only be a telemarketing scam but could also be mail fraud considering they utilized the USPS claiming I am a "new member".

I believe ID Protection of Chesapeake, VA. is a scam that needs to be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ID-Protection/Chesapeake-Virginia-23320/ID-Protection-unauthorized-enrollment-in-ID-Protection-plan-Chesapeake-Virginia-749449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ID Protection