Complaint Review: IDC Servco - IDCSERVCO - Progressive Office Products

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
IDC Servco - IDCSERVCO - Progressive Office Products
PO Box 1925 Culver City, California U.S.A.

IDC Servco - IDCSERVCO - Progressive Office Products Watch out! Lying boiler-room scam artists who can ruin your credit! Culver City And Covina California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: not in covina anymore

*Consumer Comment: nice window.

This company is NOTORIOUS for calling offices of all sizes, representing themselves as Epson, or Hewlett Packard or any myriad of legitimate vendors. They'll tell you that your printer or other equipment is nearly out of ink, or toner, and that the price is going to be going up; Buy some now and avoid the markup! We didn't even fall for that, but they got the name of my assistant and the next thing we knew, a single HP cartridge arrived with both her name on the order and an invoice with a 300% markup and an ridiculous shipping charge. We owed them $115 bucks for a single cartridge that we couldn't use and then assessed "late fees" when we refused to pay.

They gave us an horrid time on the phone every time we tried to return said cartridge. We refused to pay.

They then turned it over to a collections agency and threatened my credit.

We are currently trying to return the cartridge, but I can't say most people would be successful and this is how they make a LOT of money and seemingly escape every legal action taken against them. They just buy their way out of it and continue unabated.

Because for every one of us that report them, there are 25 who just pay and stay disgruntled.

I'm writing the Dept of Consumer Affairs and the State's Attorney General; whether it works or not, they need a push. If you've had problems with them, please do so too!

Drb3
Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDC-Servco-IDCSERVCO-Progressive-Office-Products/Culver-City-California-90232/IDC-Servco-IDCSERVCO-Progressive-Office-Products-Watch-out-Lying-boiler-room-scam-art-406277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDC Servco - IDCSERVCO - Progressive Office Products

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

not in covina anymore

AUTHOR: Jamie - ()

I recently worked for a office that was connected to IDCSERVCO called Elite Office Supplies, Tammi Williams was the office manager at this office which is located in Glendora, ca at 620 s. Glendora Ave suite A. Tammi's boss is glen diamond III. Monday-Friday from 7am-1pm, Tammi along with myself and 9 other women called pages upon pages of companies trying to con them on purchasing toner from us, I had no idea this was a scam until I was talking with the girls in the office and they told me what was really going on and to check out ripoff report. I did and I was disgusted with what I had read and as of the 5th of march, 2014 I was fired because of my production, after I had read all the reports about this company I couldn't call and do that to the companies which of course were all out of state. I will do what ever I can to try and shut down this company. I doubt it will be successful seeing how they will change their name and location but atleast I hopefully get their names out. By the way glen goes by the name of Rick.

nice window.

AUTHOR: Boomslang - (U.S.A.)

Someone should drive down there a toss a brick through their window. How bad do you think their quality of life is? They wake up every morning and do that s**t all day, I think I would rather clean septic tanks. I hope to god none of you degenerate losers have children, they might turn into lying thief criminals too.