Complaint Review: IDC Servco

• Submitted: Mon, March 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:Chester New York
IDC Servco
3962 Landmark Street Culver City, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-446-9835
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

IDC Servco These people are such scam artists! Please don't be another victim. I hope they get caught and shut down. Culver City California

*Consumer Comment: ITS A LONG RUNNING TELEMARKETING SCAM

A representive from IDC Servco called my job on a very busy day of the week and very quickly and casually said he was calling from "our" toner suppliers office. He was bounced around from employee to employee before catching me in the middle of another customer and blurting out some story about how the company accidentally forgot to send us the required price change agreement. He apologized and asked if I would sign a form to lock in at the lower rate for the inconvenienve. We never got any toner and now they are sending bills to the company I work for to my attention and saying they are past due.

Whenever I call their number someone will pick up and the first thing they ask for is the account number and then you're put on hold forever! No one ever picks up nor do I think they intend to. These people are a bunch of crooks and I am disgusted by this whole situation.

Crystal
Chester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDC-Servco/Culver-City-California-90232-1925/IDC-Servco-These-people-are-such-scam-artists-Please-dont-be-another-victim-I-hope-the-432231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDC Servco

ITS A LONG RUNNING TELEMARKETING SCAM

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Phone Toner Scam:
The scam artist poses as a warehouse representative or vendor and makes contact with a targeted company. He will say "This is (first name), I need the model number off your copier". If the person who answers gives this info, the scammers will try to set up a shipment of toner. Of course, the deal is so good that the offer is based on a limited supply or limited time, pressuring the employee to act fast and get their money's worth. Upon delivery, both the employee and the company are usually in for a big surprise. The price of the invoiced toner is 2-3 times higher than expected, and the scam artist threatens with legal fines if the company fails to pay.

they called me at work several weeks ago - As I take the time to INFORM MYSELF of the scams out there, I was suspicious from the start. When I asked what company this person worked for - it was not the name of the company we had a contract with - told them so and hung up.

eventually