Complaint Review: IDL Teleservices

• Submitted: Mon, April 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 09, 2007

• Reported By:Livonia Michigan
IDL Teleservices
123 N. Congress Ave Boynton Beach, Florida U.S.A.

IDL Teleservices Voice Recorded Contract Scam Added to SBC AT&T Bill ripoff Boynton Beach Florida

After noticing an odd charge to our SBC/AT&T bill, we called about this charge for IDL Teleservices, Inc (1-800-433-4518) in the amount of $74.09.

We were transferred to IDL Teleservices and questioned them as to what this charge was regarding. They said that we have a website through them. we went to it and it was a generic website that we had absolutely nothing to do with, it wasn't even under our company name.

When we fought it, the customer service woman named Janet (who would not provide me with her last name) said that they had my voice on a tape as a contract of sorts. When I asked them to play it for me it was my voice, but pieced together so that my voice was "answering" questions from any automated computerized voice. Knowing that I have never done such a thing I argued it further but all they would do was cancel our "subscription".

We filed complaints with SBC/AT&T who were able to credit us some of the money but only because we threw a fit. They said they have to allow people to piggyback onto their bills or they would be considered a monopoly.

Livonia, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2007 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDL-Teleservices/Boynton-Beach-Florida-33426/IDL-Teleservices-Voice-Recorded-Contract-Scam-Added-to-SBC-ATT-Bill-ripoff-Boynton-Beach-243056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDL Teleservices