Complaint Review: IDS GRANTS

• Updated: Fri, November 13, 2009

• Reported By: abdallah — San Jose California United States of America
IDS GRANTS
10134 6th Street, Suite M Rancho Cucamonga, California United States of America

IDS GRANTS GRANTS FOR YOU, IN DEEP SERVICES Billed my credit card for $ 94.89 when I thought it was only going to be $ 1.99 ! Rancho Cucamonga, California

I signed up for their $ 1.99 program to view some grants (that are available FREE on the Federal Government's website), thinking I might apply for some of them. A few months later, a charge for $ 94.89 appeared on my credit card, which I did not authorize. I called the credit card company, Capital One, and told them that I did not authorize any charges beyond the $ 1.99 originally. I FAXed a lengthy form to them, but they only sent me about 20 pages of lies from IDS Grants (also doing business as In Deep Services, among others), telling that I could have read the info on their website & canceled it within a few days. No such info popped up on my computer, so I had no way of knowing this. Capital One did reverse the charge, but after receiving the 20 pages of lies from IDS Grants, Capital One put the charge back on my credit card. I called their Fraud Dept., only to be told that "I gave them my credit card number." I said, yes, that I did, but for $ 1.99, not for $ 94.89 ! They would not take the charge off, so I told them to cancel the credit card, as I did not want to do business with a company that would not back me up. I also told them that I would pay down the balance, but that I would not pay the $ 94.89, and that if they (Capital One) wanted to send it to a collection agency or a credit bureau, that I would contact that agency or bureau & tell them the whole story. I have since contacted the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau (labbb.org), who have pages & pages (like RipOff Report does) of people all over the U.S. who have been scammed the same way! Their website says that they cannot get any response from IDS Grants\In Deep Services, and they (the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau) recommend that the reader NOT DO BUSINESS WITH IDS GRANTS\IN DEEP SERVICES. If I had checked their website first, I would have saved myself a lot of grief! I sent a report to the State Attorney General's Office, but they sent me a letter saying they can't locate IDS Grants\In Deep Services at the address and phone number I have, so they must have moved and changed their phone number, so they can scam some other people. They also have a scam colon cleansing service that they sell, and RipOff Report shows some other scams that the owner is running! Beware! Do your research homework before you give out your credit card number, and don't do business with Capital One, as they won't back you up. They are interested in the amount of $$$ they will get from the scams this company & others are running. I called their Fraud Dept. again, & I asked the lady where IDS Grants\In Deep Services is now receiving their money, and she wouldn't give out that info! I told her that, if she wanted a nice dress, she would probably give the dress store her credit card number, and I felt the same way in applying for the $ 1.99 package.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2009 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDS-GRANTS/Rancho-Cucamonga-California-91730-5748/IDS-GRANTS-GRANTS-FOR-YOU-IN-DEEP-SERVICES-Billed-my-credit-card-for-9489-when-I-thoug-523492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDS GRANTS