Complaint Review: IDT ENERGY

• Updated: Fri, August 24, 2012

• Reported By: jadee — bronx New York United States of America
IDT ENERGY
550 BROAD STREET NEWARK, New Jersey United States of America

IDT ENERGY Falsely signed up, Double billing, triple the cost, scammed, tricked, abuse and why do they still continue NEWARK, New Jersey

I paid my current balance due on my con ed bill of $308.62. I recently opted for

my bills to be viewed online because I never get my bills from con ed. I got an

email alert stating my new bill was ready. Upon viewing it I see my current

balance was $597. I THINK IT MUST BE A MISTAKE, I just paid my balance in full.

I call con ed and they explain to m, Due to the strike they were unable to read

my meter for July. So they did a reading from June 18th to August 18th. Total

usage was for 2750 kw for 59 day period.

I argue it, although I do know for the summer I have my 2 acs running so my usage is usually 1,000 kw per month. I requested an investagtion and was waiting for a call back from con ed rep. Well I printed out my bill and viewed my usage for the past two years online.

I realized there was another comany charging me for eletric use. $443. plus $387.

charge from con ed. I call this other company IDT and they state to me I signed

up in April for there service. I deny it and state I never changed. My bills at

the highest point is $337. So I dont understand how this could happen.

How does con ed not pertect there customers? I'm out of work right now due to medical

issue. I can not afford to pay this and I shouldn't have to because I never

signed up and I don't think its fair for me when I would always pay my bill to

con ed on time and in full. I noticed a rise in my bill but assumed it was because of the acs,

although I have had the same ones for two years. I just want this bill from IDT to be reversed of the charges. I should not be responsible for it. My bills have doubled since April and according to con ed rep, this last bill is approximately $400. more then it should be, had I only been with con ed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDT-ENERGY/NEWARK-New-Jersey-07102/IDT-ENERGY-Falsely-signed-up-Double-billing-triple-the-cost-scammed-tricked-abuse-an-931895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDT ENERGY