Complaint Review: IDT Energy

• Reported By: Erin — Brooklyn New York
IDT Energy
New York, New York USA

IDT Energy scam, energy scam, misleading business practice New York New York

Someone from IDT came to our building and was going door to door, my roommate and I had just moved to New York from Europe. When I answered the door he was very misleading and seemed to be a worker from con-edison and explained that the building was "going green" and asking the tenants to switch to renewable energy sources.

He did not make it seem optional and took my personal informationand even called in to obtain my account numbers from con-edison. He then called the service center and had me say "yes" to a bunch of questions that were being recorded.

I found it odd and as soon as he left I looked it up online and saw it was a scam and immediately called con-edison and national grid to block my accounts and make sure that my provider would not change.

IDT is a huge scam that misleads customers who don't understand what is happening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDT-Energy/New-York-New-York-11232/IDT-Energy-scam-energy-scam-misleading-business-practice-New-York-New-York-1074502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDT Energy