- Report: #427894
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: IDT Energy
IDT Energy520broad St. Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.
IDT Energy Relentless, fast talking sales people misrepresenting themselves as Con Edison Employees... Newark New Jersey
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
After being duped into signing a contract, I cancelled immediately upon recieving my first bill. When another sales person shows up at my door, they claim they are not with the same company, and again tried to fast talk me into signing something before I could read it. Their representatives have been in my building about 5 times in the past two weeks.
I overheard a representative talking to another tenant in my building, telling him he was entitled to a discount from Con Edision because he paid his bills on time. That was a completely different story than what they tried on me.
The bottom line is:
- the employees are clearly trained to say whatever is necessary to get people to sign up, and;
- they are an alternate energy supplier, allowed to exist due to deregulation, but they only add an additional company to you energy bill, forcing it to go up, not down.
If anyone rings your doorbell and says "Electric Company" or "Gas and Electric", notice it is not the name of your energy company, and tell them to go away. Do not give them access to apartment buildings, even if you do not answer your apartment door, they will bother your neighbors.
Brooklyn, New York
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDT-Energy/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/IDT-Energy-Relentless-fast-talking-sales-people-misrepresenting-themselves-as-Con-Edison-427894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.