Complaint Review: IDT Energy

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: Patricia A. Kimber — Bronx New York
IDT Energy
520 Broad Street , Select State/Province USA

IDT Energy I asked for them to close my enroll because I cannot afford their rates Newark New Jersey

I enrolled in IDT and verified over the telephone that I was interested to the representative. Once I examined how expensive it was, I received a telephone a few days later from the representative of the company to ask about the reps customer service skills. I advised her that I cannot afford their services and wish remain with MPower and I requested to be taken out as an enrollee. She stated that was fine and stated I am no longer enrolled in the plan. I called another day to verify that I was not enrolled and the rep stated she do not have me on file.

When I returned home on 2/20/14, at 8:30. I was told that the representative from that company came by and demanded I make a payment of 49.99 to IDT. The representative upset my husband who is sickly and suffering from diabetes and asthma. He also advised that we cancelled our enrollment in the plan, but they were insistent on arguing that we were enrolled.

As of this date 2/20/14. I received a con edison bill along with IDT bill of $94. 73. I am on a fixed income as a college student who works federal work study to buy a metrocard to get to and from school and work. I cannot afford a high electrical bill.

Further, I find these representatives come with false statements about the energy company and they visit your home late in the evening, 5-8:00pm. They demand from the tenants who is the person responsible for the bill and I have seen with my own eyes how they wait for that person to come home if they are in need of making a quota for that day.

Please assist me in this matter

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDT-Energy/Select-StateProvince/IDT-Energy-I-asked-for-them-to-close-my-enroll-because-I-cannot-afford-their-rates-Newark-1125280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDT Energy